Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zigi68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Moving the toilet 5" from it current position
    I am remodeling my bathroom , trying to add space by moving my toilet about 5" over bringing it closer to the exterior wall. Problem, old house, cast iron pipe and lead pipe. the exist iron pipe coming from the wall is facing diagonally with, what I think is brass connecting to the lead pipe, the lead pipe is extended about 19" out. I am trying to move the toilet closer to the exterior wall, to add space in the bathroom. The distance from the existing opening to the back wall remains the same, I want to move it 5" over, keeping the same distance from the back wall. I already started to cut the lead pipe. I would like to remove the lead pipe and add pvc. How far back should I cut the lead pipe, and what about the brass connecting the lead pipe and the cast iron pipe, should I cut that off as well, if so how would I connect the pvc to the cast iron pipe?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 11, 2007, 07:45 AM
    You will remove everything back to the cast iron leaving a bald end that you will attach a Fernco Shielded Coupling ,(see image) to convert to PVC.
    You may then use PVC fittings to complete your move. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving toilet [ 3 Answers ]

The main toilet in the house seems to have an awful lot of "give" to it. When you sit down, the toilet moves. The bolts connecting the toilet to the floor seem loose. We've tried to tighten them, to no avail. Any suggestions?

Moving a Toilet [ 4 Answers ]

Here's my problem... What I'm attempting to do is enclose my bathroom, but in order to do that I have to move the toilet. The problem is it sits on a slab and was a part of the original design of the hosue. So, what I need to know is (1) how far down to I need to break up the concrete? (2) Can...

Two parts: moving toilet over 4" and connecting to 4" black plastic to make shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi friends, I have a concrete slab foundation. In one full bath, I'm changing out the tub to put in a sauna tub, going from 60x30 to 60x32. The toilet is right next to the tub, so I want to move the toilet over at least 4" and change the sink to a pedastal sink to make room for the move for...

Moving a toilet... [ 35 Answers ]

Hello - I am in the process of a major bathroom remodel. The bathroom is almost exactly 10X10 and I am swapping the shower and toilet locations (they are currently in opposite corners of the room). Draining/Venting the shower will not be an issue as I can tap into the same 2 inch drain pipe. The...

Moving a toilet! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am going to start a project and I will be moving a toilet about 10' to the left. Right now the toilet drian line is a 4" cast iron one. The questions I have are: 1. What do I use to connect the new line to the old cast iron one? -I am hoping to use a ABS line for the new toilet...

View more questions Search