Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madison301 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2007, 06:21 AM
    Electric motor wiring
    I have a hayward motor c48k2n143b1 and I cut the wires from the breaker switch to put a intamatic timer in the system. Somehow I rewired it wrong it keeps burning out the clock timer. It will run manually. But something is wrong. It has a green (ground?)and two red. So I have two red wires that need to be joined to the correct mate. The motor runs with the red to red in any combination. But still burns clock motors?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2007, 06:46 AM
    2 wires from breaker need to be connected to Line Side on timer, load side goes to pump.
    The timer motor also connects to Line side. Verify Timer motor is 240 volts.
    Miss wiring should not burn out timer motor. It sees 240 volts all the time(if 240 volt system). Maybe the gear mechanism is binding.
    electrified Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 02:02 PM

I have a 1/2 hp Driver capacitor motor 1 phase, 1780 rpm. I need to reconnect all wires on outside. 4 wires from inside motor housing ( two marked with metal bands 2 and 3) Need to reattach them to power cord and switch. Cloth wrapped wires and color has faded exceot for black and red. Wires now white could have been green or yellow.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 10:22 PM

Are you sure the motor amperage does not exceed the rated amperage of the clock timer?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 5, 2009, 04:32 AM

Is it a 240 volt motor and a 120 volt Timer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slowing down an electric motor [ 13 Answers ]

I have an electric motor that rotates at 1750 rpm and I would like to slow it to maybe 100n rpm. Is that possible with out gearing?I am looking for an affordable solution. Thank you. Paul

Electric Range Wiring [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks ahead of time... I live in a home built in 1981 and the electrical wiring to the old Top range consists of three wires ( black, white and a copper bare wire). I bought a new Electric range that has connections in the back for four wires. My questions are: 1. do I purchase a three plug...

Electric generator wiring [ 3 Answers ]

I have a DeVilbiss electric generator 5000 watt 120/240 volt @ 41.7/20.8 amp- it has a switch that connects the 240 volt . It has one 120 volt outlet and one 120 volt 4 prong receptacle. As stated , it has a switch to connect the 240 volt capability. What I want to do is make a new pannel for...

Motor wiring? [ 4 Answers ]

:mad: Perhaps someone here can help me, I bought a small GE 120v electric motor for a replacement for a machine. It has 3 three wires (red, yellow,blue) and requires a 10mf capacitor. My best guess was to wire it with Blue to line , red-line & cap, and yellow on the other cap term. But it runs very...

View more questions Search