Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    my3sons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Custodial parent
    Custodial parent never married the father. via Maryland court papers, father is to see child every other weekend. The custodial parent moved 4 hrs away. Would custodial parent need to go back to court to re-do visitation or is the Maryland court agreement valid in virginia?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 11:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by my3sons
    custodial parent never married the father. via maryland court papers, father is to see child every other weekend. The custodial parent moved 4 hrs away. Would custodial parent need to go back to court to re-do visitation or is the maryland court agreement valid in virginia?
    More concrete,please.
    I cannot understand the CP has moved to VA after MD order or something else:confused: :confused: :confused:
    The Maryland court agreement has to be valid everywhere but if the circumstances are changed you will need of a new visitation plan.Married or not-it does not matter.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Hello my:

Every state upholds every other states court orders.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custodial Parent Move Away [ 7 Answers ]

In the instance where there is a current DV restraining order against the NCP, together with limited visitation between the NCP and the child, the parties were never married, and the custodial parent already has both 100% legal and physical custody, does the custodial parent need permission from...

Child support/custodial parent moves in with boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I just got ordered by court to pay $200 a week in child support for my one daughter. Now I find out from my 9 year old daughter that her mommy's boyfriend has been living with them and now are moving into other house. He is paying for everything. My question is can my child support be...

Custodial parent being deployed [ 9 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My ex-husband and I have been divorced since 2002. We have a 8 yr old son. Our son lives with his dad, who was just stationed out in California. Our son visits me in MI every summer, over major holidays and even lived...

Can custodial parent move out of state [ 1 Answers ]

I have primary custody of my children, their father has seen them only one weekend in the past two months. Can I move out of state, or am I bound to stay in the state I am in?

Move away order for custodial parent [ 2 Answers ]

I'am the custodial parent that lives in California needs to ask for a move away order to move to another state for a job transfer. We have joint custody. How do I go about asking the court for a move away order? How far in advance does this need to be done?

View more questions Search