Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orangehairlady Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Hair dye
    I used Natural instincts (desert sunrise and my hair came out bright orange how do I remove this color and get a light red.
    launikalinda Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Aug 10, 2007, 08:19 PM
    U could dye it again or just wait a while and then dye it aqain

Aug 10, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Its non-permanent hair dye, someone told me vinager ever heard that?

Aug 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Is it the kind that washes out after so many shampoo's because I think that's what my mother uses

Aug 11, 2007, 04:44 PM
    It is suppost to wash out after 28 shampoo's . I have washed my hair 10 times so far. It doesn't seem to be washing out, and my head hurts. So I'm not shure what to do. Dye it again with a perm. Dye and maybe end up with a funky color or keep shampooing. Do you know of anything that will take out non-permanent color?

Aug 11, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Try dying it a darker red or a burgundy and maybe that will make it more red
    Ummmm... what color was your hair before you dyed it with the desert sunrise?
    Oh and if you wash your hair 10times in one day, that won't work because it takes time for the color to fade [they say 28 shampoos because they're figuring your only washing it once a day]
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 11, 2007, 09:09 PM
    From your description, it sounds like you used a semi-permanent color. A Permanent color can be applied over semi-permanent color. If your hair is already an orange stage, you can re-color your hair with your desired color to achieve a red effect.

Aug 12, 2007, 04:37 AM
    Thank you !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How badly will having black hair dye stripped out damage my hair? [ 24 Answers ]

I recently dyed my naturally dark brown hair a bright black colour, and I am not very pleased with it at all. I know that stripping the colour on my own would seriously damage my hair (something I would like to avoid, as I have just finished growing out/cutting off some very damaged hair), but if I...

How to get rid of hair dye/keeping hair dye from fading [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have kind of a problem and no one knows what to do, especially me! I have beautiful dark dark brown hair. I don't know why, but I let someone highlight my hair blonde about 2 years ago. They turned orange, so I dyed my hair dark brown again to get my color back and I was happy. Within a...

Can I use a medium brown permanent hair dye over adark brown permanent hair dye? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some advice about 3 weeks ago I dyed my hair dark brown permanent, my hair colour is naturally dark brown but now my hair is black and really making me look very hard and pale. Am I able to buy a permanent medium brown hair dye to lighten it up? I have read your site and see...

Hair dye on highlighted hair? Good or bad idea [ 3 Answers ]

hiyaaa!!! i normally get my hair done at the hairdressers, blond highlights using foils. my roots are so bad at the moment and I can't afford to have them done so today after work (finish at 3) im going to tesco's to buy a hair dye... is this a bad idea dying highlighted hair??? would it be...

How to remove black hair dye from hair [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi there I am natalie from the uk and wanted to know if there are any home remedies for removing, or really fading black hair dye from hair, I am naturally red and am about to go on holiday next week to the canaries, and did not want red regrowth, so I am wanting a quick and easy...

View more questions Search