Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dennisS Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Landlord visitations
    Can the landlord come over day after day to do gardening without permission of tenate?
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 07:58 PM
    I would think that he either could, or else it would be the tenant's responsibility to maintain the yard. But it might also depend on what kind of garden it is, how much care it needs, and what exactly the landlord is doing. And at the end of the day... read the lease and see if it says anything about it in there.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Hello dennis:

No. He needs to give you reasonable notice.

excon
    landlord advocate Posts: 283, Reputation: 36

Aug 11, 2007, 06:25 PM
    This sounds like a landlord that has only one property (maybe his former home) and probably doesn't know tenant landlord law. He may also be thinking that since he isn't coming into the house, he isn't bothering you. Ask him nicely to give you a minimum of 24 hours notice before coming over, and limiting his visits to once a month, or just enough time each week to cut the lawn (if that is what is in the lease). You have a right to your privacy. Unknowingly he is bordering on harassment.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by landlord advocate
    This sounds like a landlord that has only one property (maybe his former home) and probably doesn't know tenant landlord law. He may also be thinking that since he isn't coming into the house, he isn't bothering you. Ask him nicely to give you a minimum of 24 hours notice before coming over, and limiting his visits to once a month, or just enough time each week to cut the lawn (if that is what is in the lease). You have a right to your privacy. Unknowingly he is bordering on harassment.
    Just out of curiosity, would it matter if the garden included some difficult plants that needed specialized care? Of course, in that case I would expect the landlord to write it into the lease. But I can see a landlord being concerned that the tenants may not properly tend the landscaping.
    dennisS Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2007, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy7
    Just out of curiosity, would it matter if the garden included some difficult plants that needed specialized care? Of course, in that case I would expect the landlord to write it into the lease. But I can see a landlord being concerned that the tenants may not properly tend the landscaping.
    The yardwork is taken care of every week but he just comes over day after day to do unnecessary things like watering the plants and cutting the grass even though I do it myself. It really gets under your skin after a while.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Is this a garden with corn and peas and other veggies ?
    Was the garden planted before you moved in ?

Is there a written lease ?

Normally no they can not do it, unless it was agreed to before hand.
    If they rented you the house but not the garden space, for example I had a home on several acres, I rented the house and yard, but not the acres, so I had corn planted on the acres.

Again it does sound like someone who does not own a lot of rentals and does not understand when you rent, you rent all of the property unless specificly excluded.

So normally no they can't come and do that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Landlord and I [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My Name Is Elizabeth I Live In Brooklyn N.y. Im Trying To Get Some Answerd I Move To A Apartment On February 11, 2007 The Rent Was $1,400 Every Month My Rent Is Due On The 11th Of Each Mont This What Happen I Spocked With My Land Lord On March 2007 That My Husben Was Sick The Doctors...

Supervised Visitations [ 10 Answers ]

If supervised visitations are court ordered for 2 months so the non custodial and child can rebuild a relationship are set, but the location and times are difficult to ad hear to can other arrangements be made? For instance: Court order - Every Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 2pm at a park here...

Prison visitations [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend was just placed at Camp Hill prison to get classified. Does anyone know how long it will take before he could receive visitation? I know for the 1st 10 days there are no calls or visits, but I heard that it can take up to 2 months for him to get his approved list back? Should I just...

Visitations to see my niece [ 3 Answers ]

As an aunt do I have any rights to get court ordered visitation rights?

Am I a Landlord? [ 7 Answers ]

I invited my 25 year old daughter and her small children to come to my house and live after they were homeless in Florida in the fall of 2004. They arrived in March of 2005. Since moving in she and her small children have ruined my carpet, walls and one toilet. They are slobs and she hasn't...

View more questions Search