Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vania Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Shaving pubic hair
    Recently, I have made a mistake when I shaved my pubic hair completely off. I did not have any particular reasons to do that. I am not going to shave my pubic hair anymore, but now I am concerned about what many people say about shaving pubic hair.They say that once you start shaving it is impossible to stop doing it?! I just don't understand it. It sounds like shaving is irreversible process like cutting someone's hand? I have also heard that as pubic hairs begin to grow back it is going to be accompanied by such intense itching that it will be impossible not to shave? I understand that as hair are going to grow back, it may be associated with itching? But, is that itching is going to be a permanent issue? It is never going to stop if u don't shave??

Thank you for your help answering my questions.
    Ivan
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 10, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Lol I have made the mistake of shaving all my pubic hair once and yes when it starts to grow back it itches like crazy. However with a little lotion and a few days it goes away. You won't need to shave again but have a few days patience.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 04:59 PM
    I have never heard of it being impossible to stop doing it. It is not irreversible, the hair will always grow back. Mine usually only itches when the hair is just starting to grow back. For that, I use a fragrance free moisturizer, and it usually takes care of the itch. When it is grown back out, the itch should stop. :)
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 10, 2007, 05:21 PM
    The very best thing for freshly shaved skin is Neosporin. It helps with the itching and reduces the number of red bumps.

And yes, you can always grow it all back out again if that's what you want to do. It only itches for a short time when the hair first starts growing back. The itching is not permanent.

Have you ever tried waxing? Hurts like heck the first couple of times, but you get used to it, and it feels much better than shaving. Neosporin works great with waxing, too.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2009, 10:56 AM

If you wash well with soap and water BEFORE doing this... and do it every 2 or 3 days to maintain and you won't have the itching or irritation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shaving Pubic Hair [ 2 Answers ]

My question is simple... when shaving pubic hair, what is the best or most attractive shape? I realize it's all about personal taste... I'm just trying to get a common consensus. Is it better to shave only the pubic mound or should I shave the lip area as well? Thanks for the help. :D

Shaving pubic hair? [ 44 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 15 and I've been thinking of shaving my pubes... I don't really like how hairy it is down there, I even have hair on my balls, is that normal? If I shave it is it true it will come back thicker and darker? Please reply :)

Shaving pubic hair ? [ 372 Answers ]

Okay this might be werid to ask ill ask anywayz I'm 15 and I shave my pubic hair. I started about a yr ago. Now I don't know if girls like it when a guy does that or no. I do it for two reasons. 1. it keeps that area clean and it doesn't itch. 2. my dick looks bigger lol. Now I don't get why...

Pubic Hair Shaving [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone else (particularly women) has this same problem if when they shave there pubic hair that when it grows back it has all these bumps around it and stuff where the new hair is coming in and what I can do about it?

About shaving pubic hair [ 2 Answers ]

I made the decision to shave my pubic hair tonight and it worked out great except for the fact that there are about 50 little tiny black spots on my pubic area now. Does anyone know what those could be? Thanks a lot. :)

View more questions Search