Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bergie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Missed period but negative pregnancy test. Did this happen to anyone else?
    Hello!!

I am 28 years old, and my period is late for about 7 days now. My breasts have been larger and swollen for about 2 weeks now... I NEVER get swollen breats before my period... I am also incredibly sleepy and it feels that my appetite has changed... I wonder if this has happened to you, or anyone you know, because I know it is possible: were you really pregnant even after your missed your period and you got a negative pregnancy test?? I have read that some women don't get a positive urine test until much later, like 6 or even 8 weeks... I really do feel pregnant... I am going to the doctor next week to get a blood test... any response is truly appreciated!! Thank you! :)
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 10, 2007, 03:48 PM
    You sound pregnant and the blood test should be able to verify this. Sometimes you can get a negative urine test till your 7th month. In the meantime it is still possible that you may not be pregnant. I would for now treat yourself like you are by taking prenatal vitamins and getting plenty of rest. Good luck
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 03:50 PM
    I never got a positive test until at least 13 weeks along with all 4 of my pregnancies.

Did you do the test using first morning urine?
    Bergie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I never got a positive test until at least 13 weeks along with all 4 of my pregnancies.

Did you do the test using first morning urine?

Yes, I just got one first thing this morning... it came out negative... :( I am really hoping to have good news next week after the blood test! I guess all I can do is wait...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

Missed period, symptoms.. Pregnancy test negative! [ 2 Answers ]

I am two weeks late in starting my period. I have tender breasts, bloated feeling, even my upper legs feel sore, my teeth hurt, which is not normal for me. I took a pregnancy test early last week, it came out negative. Took another one last night, again negative. This morning while showering I...

Missed period and negative pregnancy test.am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here is my situation. My last period was on March 29. I am very regular and I'm not on any birth control. About two weeks after my last period I started spotting. I had unprotected sex the night before I started spotting wich kind of freaked me out(I never had spotting before). Well I missed my...

Missed period, Brown Discharge, Negative Pregnancy Test. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am 23 years old Married with one child (1 years old). I always get my period every 28 days maybe one day before or after but never longer then 2 days. After a couple of days of my missed period I had a brown discharge. At first I thought it could be my period but it never came. I now have...

Missed Period/Negative Pregnancy Test [ 4 Answers ]

I am four days late for my period, and today on the fourth day I have a light brown discharge when I use the bathroom and I wipe. My periods are always right on time, I have had no blood. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby, and we do not use protection of any kind. I am 24, I took a...

View more questions Search