Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kholck Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Truly Pregnant?
    I am now supposudly 5 and a half weeks pregnant. I took the test yesterday and it was positivie and I have experenced morning sickness and plenty of other symptoms, but I am having menstraul cramps. They are primarily on my left side and in a different place than usual. Plus I've already gotten a little bigger, not too noticeably but my boyfriend can tell, and people have asked me about it? I thought you didn't show until a lot later in the pregnancy? Am I really pregnant?
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 10, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Until you get an ultrasound it is kind of hard to determine the age of the baby. You should go see a doctor if you are having abnormal pains. Sometimes hpt give false positives. You should have a blood test done to determine if you are truly pregnant.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Its very rare to get a false positive... but it does happen sometimes. If the pains are severe I would definitely go to your doctor and make sure its not an etopic pregnancy (implanted in the fallopian tubes). Every women is different and respond to pregnancy differently... so you may start showing early... especially if you are fairly petite to begin with.

An appt with your doctor should clear things up and ease your mind.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Yes, its possible it could be ectopic. The symptoms of this are pains in the shoulder, back, abdominal area in the belly button region to one side,etc. it doesn't always show on pregnancy tests, but sometimes they do. It could also be a sign of miscarriage. However, it could just be normal pregnancy cramps. When you are pregnant, your abdomen starts to do a lot of growing and stretching, and it feels a lot like menstrual cramps. Perhaps it's a multiples pregnancy. Women who have multiples(twins or more) often times will start to grow and exhibit symptoms, earlier and more intense then the average singleton pregnancy. So, basically what I am saying, is that your doctor is the best person to consult. Any time you have questions or concerns, especially when you are pregnant, always consult a physician. I would imagine that these are perfectly normal cramps, however, make sure you are on the look out for any bleeding (particularly heavy red blood) increasing amounts of pain, clotting and passing tissue. These are all signs of miscarriage. Congrats on pregnancy, and be sure to discuss your concerns with your physician as soon as you can. (ps. Your digestive system also tends to slow down, or speed up dramatically-fast or slow depends on each individual and pregnancy. So it could just be normal digestive cramping.)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 07:26 PM
    I am not a believer in false positives, typically if you registered pos, and then end up not pregnant, it is because of an early miscarriage.

I think seeing your doctor and making sure you are not farther along would be a wise decision.

Also take the advice of the others, ectopic pregnancy happens, and you want to be sure you aren't harming yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Am I pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Ive been having Pregnancy systoms for a few weeks now but I've had my period. I have back pains sometimes lower back sometimes upper, bad headaches that won't go away, Lower stomach pains and a few others and I talk to my friend about this and she said I should take a pregnancy test and I did and...

Who is with me, CURVY is a truly sexy body! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm Meg. 21 and roughtly 200Ib. I still have an hourglass amazingly. I have delt with my weight in high school a lot. I've always felt ugly or un-attractive. I still do feel un-attractive. In 10th grade I stopped eating and lost a lot of weight, but I thought I was still fat. Now today, I feel...

This is truly screwed up. [ 2 Answers ]

This is a little lengthy, so I'll try to make it short but clear. For Mother's Day, I had my hair colored a reddish brown and highlighted at a salon. I absolutely loved it. I've been contiplating on going back but haven't because of the money. My friend offered to help and we chose a color close to...

View more questions Search