Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jborb123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Price increase letter to hair salon clients
    I would like to write a letter re: price increase to our clents.
    Straightforward, no explanations why, polite.
    We are an upscale private salon & its been 2 years & we need to inform them in a nice way, but not to give reasons like increase in gas, electricity, rent, etc,
    Thanks.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 02:03 PM
    A letter is a nice thought, but all you need do is post this information at your reception desk, or inform them when they call. This is the way I have seen it done

Aug 10, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Yes, but I view it more professional to send out a general letter to everyone.
    Not all clients come monthly, some live overseas, or come bi-monthly from different states.
    It's kind of nice to give a heads up before hand & not just slap it on them on the next visit.
    Thanks for your input.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 03:22 PM
    I wasn't saying to SLAP IT ON NEXT VISIT, I meant telling them when they call to make an appt. or do you think they won't come back if you do that. Is this minuscule increase or a heck of a whopper!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2007, 03:32 PM
    I have never gotten a letter from my salon stating there was a price increase. Honestly - don't customers expect a price increase now and then? I can understand why you would not want to go into why the price increase, so save yourself the hassle of the letter and the blah blah blah for the reasons. If you so upscale, your customers will understand. It is just part of the cost of looking beautiful.

Just a note - do grocery stores and coffee shops send out letters to their customers about price increases? No. Do the speciality shops send out those letters? No. Maybe I see this as too simple but I think you are making it too complicated.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Rather than sending out individual letters, you could just post a notice somewhere in the salon, and you could have the employees working there casually have the customers take a look at the new prices.

Aug 11, 2007, 07:46 AM
    That's great, thanks for the advice.
    I'm still sending out the letter, its not as big a deal as you make it shygrny...
    I guess I will mention not all clients come every month, some bi-monthhly, some come special from out of state/ out of country. It is a private 2 chair salon with the owner/stylist & one colorist. So thanks again for your suggestion.
    Was just really looking for advice from someone who has actually written a letter to clients.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Hello j:

Dude! Send the letter. It's GOOD that nobody else does this. That's why YOU'RE different...

Look, you don't need to explain or make excuses for raising your prices. You're good - that's all. What I would do is send a brochure touting your services or some NEW service you're about to introduce. Include the NEW price list. You don't have to SAY prices are going up. If they're interested in your price, they'll see it.

excon
    missydoula Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jborb123
    i would like to write a letter re: price increase to our clents.
    Straightforward, no explanations why, polite.
    we are an upscale private salon & its been 2 years & we need to inform them in a nice way, but not to give reasons like increase in gas, electricity, rent, etc,
    thx.
    I am in the same boat. I am not sure how to go about it either, so if you come up with a good solution I would love to hear it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 06:33 PM
    At the bottom of this page are questions that are similar to the one in the original post here. You might want to click on some of them and see what the answers are.
    anjeza4577 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 07:18 PM
    I just increased my prices and had gave my clients a heads up when they call.They appreciate it and understand.
    castalloys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 09:32 PM
    How to write price increase letter
    Chicklet5555 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2010, 12:35 PM
    Ive been in the hair industry for 10 years now and Ive sent out letters to my clients advising of my own personal discounts as well as price increases. They love the personal touch you add as a stylist. What I did was give print out a stack of letters stating the following:

Dear valued client (for the new clients) or name of client,

First off, I would like to thank you for your loyalty and for helping me be so successful in my business. By referring me to your friends and family and coming to me throughout the years, you've made my journey the best experience.
    I would like to inform you of some upcoming price changes and exciting saving. As of "Specific Date" I will be increasing my services by "Amount or percentage". Along with the price increase are some saving for you to enjoy. For every "amount" of new clients you send my way you will receive "I do 25%" for you to either save or use on your next visit.

Hope this helps. :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 02:02 PM
    Thread is now very old and is now archived.

Sufficient enough answers have been given.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Price Increase Business Letter [ 2 Answers ]

How do I inform customers the necessity of increasing prices for a swimming pool and spa service

How do I write a letter to customers about a price increase? [ 9 Answers ]

I own a landscaping business and due to gas price increase and product price increases I have to change the price of regular lawn service price. Please help I don want to lose clients Respectfully legen

Price increase [ 2 Answers ]

How do I have my receptionist tell my clients that my haircutting prices are going up?

Hair Salon Price Increases [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a salon owner and we are going to be doing our first price increase (annual). Any advice in what way to determine a formula for the increase? The salon is a hair and nail salon. The nail prices are in line with our area. The hair prices are on the lower end of our area.:o

Clients needed for new salon [ 8 Answers ]

How do I get more clients into my new salon

View more questions Search