Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    D.J. Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2005, 04:13 PM
    Craftsman Riding Mower
    I Have A Craftsman 11 Hp Riding Lawn Mower That Won't Even Crank.I Have A Good Battery Clean Posts,power To The Starter But When I Push Clutch In To Crank,nothing Happens.what Am I Doing Wrong?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2005, 07:20 PM
    Mowers have several safety switches. Make sure it is out of gear and the blades disengaged. Try bouncing on the seat, engaging the blades and disengaging them, and wiggling the gearshift. If none of that helps, you are just going to have to follow the power from the key to the starter.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2005, 08:08 PM
    Yes, check the safety switches, if all else fails, pull the kill wire to get you by.
    D.J. Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2005, 09:14 PM
    Craftsman 11hp lawn tractor
    I Checked The Safety Switches And I Need Help On The Clutch Safety Switch Could Someone E-mail Me Or Explain Where To Look Please?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2005, 09:30 PM
    I don't know specifically for it, don't know if they changed the location, but it is under the frame itself, its activated when you press down on the clutch/brake pedal. So look in line there.
    vinnied Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 01:21 PM
    The starter solenoid is a common problem, try checking that...
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 06:59 PM
    The clutch safety is under the left side of the body. Now if there is power to the starter, turn the engine counterclockwise and see if it will turn over. You may also remove the dust cover for the starter and see if the bendix gear is hung up on the flywheel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding Mower 23 Kohler hp 24 inch deck [ 11 Answers ]

I recently went out to mow my lawn with this otherwise reliable machine. I pulled the PTO clutch switch to engage the blades. They started to rotate and I was on my way, for about 30 seconds and then the blades stopped rotating. The motor runs perfectly yet the drive unit for the blade belt does...

Craftsman lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

My father has purchased an old lawn mower for restoration. The model # is 1318430. He thinks it is a Craftsman. Anyone know where to find a picture or details.

Craftsman 11hp riding mower [ 5 Answers ]

I have a friend who has an old Craftsman 11hp riding mower and is having some problems. The ignition switch was broken and has been started with a screwdriver until it finally broke. I got a replacement switch today and installed it and now as soon as it is put in the "on" position the engine...

Craftsman 14.5 hp riding lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

I bought it used it seemed OK,but now I have loss of power.I NOW have a brand new battery.What can I do to the engine or carburator to fix problem?How do I properly adjust carb?Should I overhaul the engine?I haven't found a rebuild kit for my B&S engine(14.5) Any help would be great.Somone told me...

Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower Warranty [ 4 Answers ]

I am planning to purchase a Craftsman 4000 Riding Lawn Mower, and am wondering if it is worth the money to purchase the 3 year extended warranty? Can anyone advise?

View more questions Search