Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AlmondFlower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Chances of being pregnant?
    I have been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for 4 months now, last week I forgot to take one active pill from the third week (which would be the last week of the active pills) and I took it either a little less or slightly more than 12 hours later. Following the directions from the pamphlet I took the next pill at the usual time that night. I was not instructed to use a back up method of contraceptives and had unprotected sex the next night. I usually get my period after the second inactive pill I take and I have taken my third inactive pill already and my period still has arrived. Am I supposed to be expecting a later period this month due to the missed pill or could I possibly be pregnant? If anyone could answer my question it would be GREATLY appreciated, Thank you!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Being about 12 hours late on a pill can mess with your cycle a little bit. That could have thrown your cycle off track, so it is possible that you could still be expecting your period.

However, you can still get pregnant on the pill, whether you are late on a pill or not. The pill is not 100% effective and I have seen many stories on this website coming from women who have gotten pregnant on the pill. So yes, you could possibly be pregnant as well. If you don't end up getting your period at all, take an HPT about 14 days later, or see a doctor for a blood test. Good luck and I hope all goes well for you :)

**EDIT** - LearningAsIGo is correct. I forgot to add that it is unlikely, but still a possibility.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 10, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Well there is always a chance of being pregnant. However you have a smaller chance so you might be late because of the pills, and or the stress.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 10, 2007, 01:14 PM
    I'm on the same drug. First, BRAVO for reading the pamphlet!

You're not likely to be pregnant, but it does take a few months before the pill is working best. Its also possible that your periods will be off a few days and haven't gotten normal since you started on the drug.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the chances I am pregnant with twins [ 11 Answers ]

Hey guys I have a question that mabey you can help with, I am five weeks pregnant and for some reason people are saying several things to me to indiacate that they think I'm having twins, I have two children and the thought was never ever brought up with them. So my question is what are the...

What are the chances of me been pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Could I be pregnant, and if so what are the chances? My period started on the 20th May and lasted till the 26th, I had sex with my boyfriend on the 27th, 28th, 29th 30th, 31st and the 2nd, we did not use contraception and each time he came inside me. What are the chances of me been pregnant? And...

Chances of being pregnant [ 9 Answers ]

Its been 14 days now and still so sign of AF. 3 negative HPTs sucks!! Still have all the symptoms like frequent urination, breasts still sensitive and swollen(nipples slightly inverted since last week, weird!! ) and getting a little darker, had backache since early this week and it seems like I...

Ovulation and chances of getting pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Even if the ovulation test is positive,can there be any other problems like blocked fallopian tubes that can prevent me from getting pregnant?What are the symptoms?

What are the chances of me being pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. So me and my boyfriend have been sexually active. The problem is last night when we were having sex he pulled out and, the condom broke I'm so scared.. could I be pregnant? We are 18.

View more questions Search