Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 12:37 PM
    What is your least favorite chore?
    I know all of you out there have to have at least one chore that you absolutely hate doing. Whether you are a stay at home housewife/mom/househusband/dad (I'm a stay at home-er, chores and kids pretty much revolve around my day) , or are a working male or female, there has got to be a chore you dread. What is your least favorite?

Mine would be laundry. I hate laundry, I don't know why, I just do. :p

Other honorable mentions are vacuuming and dishes.. lol.

**EDIT** - Ahh, I forgot about the teens. Is there anything your parents make you do for a chore that you cannot stand?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 12:43 PM
    I hate dishes. I think it was all those years living in an apartment without a dish washer. Now it takes so much for me to even just turn on the dishwasher let alone unload it.

Ugh and vacuuming. I hate to vacuum. It's so loud.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    I hate dishes. I think it was all those years living in an apartment without a dish washer. Now it takes so much for me to even just turn on the dishwasher let alone unload it.

Ugh and vacuuming. I hate to vacuum. It's so loud.
    Ahhh doing dishes without a dishwasher. I remember having to do that when I was a teenager. I hated it! Oh and the vacuum, is so loud my son screams like a banshee and jumps onto anything he can find because he's so scared of it.. lol
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 12:51 PM
    However I love doing laundry. I think its because I used to set up a reward system with myself all those years of going to the laundromat. Only at the laundromat could I read trashy gossip mags and eat a Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwich and latte.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Oooh that sounds good. I think I hate doing laundry because my husband has about two closets worth of clothes. He's like a woman. He'll try something on and not like it, and rather than hang that thing back up he throws it in the floor. Then he'll repeat that process about two more times. :p
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 12:55 PM
    I had an ex that was like that. I used to want to strangle him with his clothes :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 12:56 PM
    I think about that sometimes. Just hang him from his jeans that "didnt look good".. lol
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 12:57 PM
    I've never had a dishwasher and don't mind doing dishes. I like doing the laundry too and later smelling the clean clothes just out of the dryer. (My cats hope I leave the full basket unattended so they can pile onto the soft, warm tangle.)

I would say I hate dusting. It's the last thing one is supposed to do after vacuuming, etc. and by that time, I'm too tired to care.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Dusting doesn't really bother me. I got one of those Swiffer dusters and it makes the job a lot easier ;)
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 12:59 PM
    I love the Swiffer duster. I used to hate dusting until those came out. I'm like that woman on the commercial who is going crazy and just dusting everything in arm's reach.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    I love the Swiffer duster. I used to hate dusting until those came out. I'm like that woman on the commercial who is going crazy and just dusting everything in arm's reach.
    LOL I do that too. That thing makes it so easy you just start going crazy.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 01:00 PM
    I hated it all from normal chores like a sink full of dishes and pealing potatoes to washing and ironing soldier hubbies uniform and kit. Then someone gave me a tip that worked wonders. Plan your day… make a list of what needs to be done and then put a day and time by it. Check your list every evening and make up your mind to take care of whatever is on it the next day. In a sense you are giving yourself the heads-up and also the chance to get your head around what needs to be done. It works like magic.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    I hated it all from normal chores like a sink full of dishes and pealing potatoes to washing and ironing soldier hubbies uniform and kit. Then someone gave me a tip that worked wonders. Plan your day… make a list of what needs to be done and then put a day and time by it. Check your list every evening and make up your mind to take care of whatever is on it the next day. In a sense you are giving yourself the heads-up and also the chance to get your head around what needs to be done. It works like magic.
    That's a great idea!

P.S. I hate getting my husbands military uniform ready too. :D
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 04:25 PM
    "P.S. I hate getting my husbands military uniform ready too."

I'm well out of it now but the memories, the pain! To this day I hate ironing. I pay someone to do it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    "P.S. I hate getting my husbands military uniform ready too."

I'm well out of it now but the memories, the pain!! To this day I hate ironing. I pay someone to do it.
    I hate ironing too! The creases! The starch! I hate it all! Lol :D
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 10, 2007, 09:11 PM
    I hate folding laundry, doing dishes and mowing the lawn. Everything else is not to bad. Few more years and my son can start doing some of this stuff for an allowance.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Ohh yes my mom always said the reason she had us was to do the stuff she didn't want to do.. lol. I hate mowing the lawn too, I forgot about that since I have lived in an apartment. My mom always sent me out to do it at like 3 p.m. when it was the hottest outside.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Scooping dog poop :o - hate it!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Lol I would hate that one too. I don't have a dog, but I do have a rabbit. That cage can get pretty nasty sometimes.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    lol I would hate that one too. I dont have a dog, but I do have a rabbit. That cage can get pretty nasty sometimes.
    LOL I bet it can, my daughter had a hamster once {stinky poo}... A rabbit is so much bigger:eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Favorite holidays [ 11 Answers ]

What's your favorite holiday/days?

How much will I make doing off chore welding [ 1 Answers ]

How much money would I make if it was off shore welding?

Favorite vacation [ 16 Answers ]

What was your favorite vacation? Why? Would you go there again? For myself, I'm not sure what was my fav, but I used to live in Hawaii, so it was like being on vacation every weekend. I still enjoy visiting there. The reasons are: the people, the weather, the food, the outdoor lifestyle, the...

Coffee. What is your favorite? [ 3 Answers ]

What is your favorite brand? And how do you like to cook coffee? Mine is Javaberry which is so smooth and aromatic! I don't know better taste... And I like to cook Turkish coffee. In an ibrik.

Favorite places [ 1 Answers ]

How do I transfer or copy my favorite places from one computer to another?

View more questions Search