Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 10, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Certification Tips
    I'm currently studying for my MCSA certification, then moving on to MCSE.
    I'm also planning on getting my Network+, A+, and CCNA certifications.
    I currently have (just recently obtained) the MCP and MCDST from Microsoft, and SCA from HDI.

What other certs would you recommend, and what yould you recommend for study materials?
    Maxine321 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 08:34 PM
    If you're into networking I would recommend CCNA.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 17, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Don't bother with the A+ N+ stuff as after doing MCSE it will be vey boring and completely pointless.

Now if you want a serious challenge try this: Certified Information Systems Security Professional - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    SoopaDuck Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Aug 20, 2007, 07:24 PM
    I think Curlyben is pointing you in the right direction. In my opinion, the vendor neutral certification programs are the best way to go.

Aug 20, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Well, the CISSP looks a little ways out for me. I need about 4.75 more years experience at least, first. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a cisco cert or two, though. What do you think of the CCIE for a long term goal?
    jameex Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2007, 06:05 PM
    CCIE is good and the pay is good, but do know that you will need a lot of hardworking...
    You can't get the CCIE if you don't get first the CCNP, and you can't get the CCNP if you don't get the CCNA... so you are on the right path... but do know that these are purely technical, the person who pointed out CISSP is referring to a more strategic position (Manager Information Security Design... ) while the Cisco thing is more technical and you will be the guy who fixes and design things but not necessarily the guy who decide things.
    Last and not least: It all depends on what you project for the future... what do you see yourself into!!
    ChiGuyRy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 07:42 AM
    As far as study material I would recommend Test Out or Transcender, good luck

Sep 4, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Well, I passed the 70-291 last week (with an 880, I might add. :) ) I still need to take the 70-270, but then I'll have my MCSA. It should be in the next two weeks. I'm excited :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hospital scales certification [ 1 Answers ]

Do scales used for measuring body weight and body fat in medical settings require certification or the meeting of standards set by the FDA or AMA?

View more questions Search