Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Trying to get pregnant, no luck, next step is hormones??
    Hey, so my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for awhile now... I do everything... ovulation tests, BBT, charting, etc... no luck. Both of us have been tested and are fine (I have a 5-year-old from a previous relationship). He has no children. I have crazy irregular periods... but my doctor has checked all my hormones through bloodwork and everything seems to be fine.

So she told us if we got frustrated and couldn't get pregnant she would put me on hormones to make me ovulate.

So I am thinking about setting an appt and starting that... :eek:

My question is, has anyone else been on hormones like these? Are there different types? Pros cons, what kind of questions should I ask my OBGYN? How successful are these hormones?

Any input, experience, advice would be great!

THANKS!:D
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 11:13 AM
    First of all, it's great that you and your hubby both tested to be normal! Good sign! Try doing some stress relieving tecniques throughout the day; stress can really influence your chances of conceiving. Clomid is a really popular oral fertility drug that induces ovulation. This webstie tells all about it: Clomid - Clomiphene Citrate - Fertility Drugs and Medications
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 11:23 AM

Yeah about a year ago we started trying but I hadn't had a period in 2 years! I know! But I wasn't trying to get pregnant in those 2 years so I wasn't going to go to the doctor and beg for a period! I was enjoying not having one.
    Well when we first started trying about a year ago we went to the doctor and she thought I may be in early menopause (I'm only 24)!! But luckily the tests came back normal. So she started me on Prometrium so I would have a period. But then we set a wedding date, so I decided to start birth control pills. (I don't seem to have a period unless I am on some sort of medication). Well this March we decided to stop the pills and try again, and I decided to try without any meds... well I didn't have a period for 5 months :( BUT I did have my first period, non-medicated, a few weeks ago!! :):)

So we got hope up again :)

We decided since I finally had a period on my own without meds, we would try for a few months, but we are anxious, so my OB said she would start me on hormones to induce ovulation (in case I'm not ovulating)... I just have heard there are some oral, some injectable, etc. I don't know what she has in mind to start me on, so I just want to be somewhat prepared when I go into the office.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 11:29 AM
    From what I've read, Clomid seems to be very handy because it can be taken orally. I've also read a lot of success stories from users of Clomid. Your doctor will know which is best for you. Hopefully it will work out for you! Have intercourse every other day throughout your cycle, the first time I did that I became pregnant(ended in miscarriage sadly but trying again.) Good luck to yah!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step by step needed to become and operate as a Talent Agent [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I am interested in operating a Talent agency of my own, and would appreciate any information on where to begin the process. I know I need to get licensed and a surety bond in the amount of $50,000 according to the new standards, but I need to know where to go to get the application for...

Screwed up hormones or something else? [ 2 Answers ]

My last period started 5-9-07 and I am expecting my next period 6-6-07. I just got back on birth control pills I was off them for a month, but am not very good about taking them everyday and when I do take them it isn't at the same time. I am married so of course I have unprotected sex. Starting...

Speedy little hormones, aren't they? [ 5 Answers ]

How fast do hormones flow through your bloodstream( If you were a teenager)?

Hormones or what is going on? [ 3 Answers ]

One week I will feel like I can take on the world, the next I am just mediocre, the third, I don't want anyone to really bother me or even touch me, then I start my period and I get the worst cramps and back pain ever then I start the whole month over again! Just wondering if anyone thinks I...

How to partition a hard drive step by step? [ 2 Answers ]

Downloaded a program and it formatted my hard drive. Have a 20 gig hard drive after it done this, it now reads 12 gig Can anybody help get the 20 gig back Need steps to clear this up, I don't know anything about hard drives. I'm running Xp Home on HP. Pavilion. Help

View more questions Search