Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aspoole Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Still driving me mad!
    This will drive me CRAZY until someone remembers it! I think it was a Disney made for TV movie in the late 80s or early 90s. It was about a girl who befriends a boy. The girl is a witch, and she lives on a lake with her grandmother or mom. There is a scene where she teaches the boy to skip rocks. There's another scene where she helps him across a log bridge by hypnotizing him with her (green?) eyes. In the end she points her two fingers at his eyes and says "I zapped you" and then kisses his cheek. The boy's name in the movie might be Jeremiah, but I could be making that up... They used to play it ALL the time when I was younger. Somebody please tell me you remember this movie!
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 10:43 AM
    I've been investigating this for weeks since encountering your query elsewhere and I'm still drawing a blank. Are there any other details? How old are these kids? Do they go to school? Is the crush-boy a jock or nerd? Is there any singing or dancing going on? Does everyone know she's a witch? Does she enjoy being one? What kind of spells does she cast? What's the major conflict here and who are her enemies? Every search I perform keeps coming up with The Worst Witch or Teen Witch or Sabrina, the Teenaged Witch.

Aug 12, 2007, 03:32 PM
    The kids are young... maybe 13? I'm trying to think of a way to describe it... it isn't like Sabrina the Teenage Witch or The Worst Witch... this movie I am thinking of has more of a true-to-life feel... more of a reality feeling than a bubblegummy type feel... kind of more "Goonies"... does that make sense? Trust me, I've searched and searched, and I've found a few other people wondering about the movie, but NO answers... the boy is mesmorized by the girl, she gives him a sense of adventure... I'm guessing they are both considered outcasts, but I don't remember there being any school involved... that's about all I can remember. Any help is appreciated... you know how things can just drive you crazy until you think of them!
    mustangchristy77 Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

Aug 12, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aspoole
    This will drive me CRAZY until someone remembers it! I think it was a Disney made for tv movie in the late 80s or early 90s. It was about a girl who befriends a boy. The girl is a witch, and she lives on a lake with her grandmother or mom. There is a scene where she teaches the boy to skip rocks. There's another scene where she helps him across a log bridge by hypnotizing him with her (green?) eyes. In the end she points her two fingers at his eyes and says "I zapped you" and then kisses his cheek. The boy's name in the movie might be Jeremiah, but I could be making that up.... They used to play it ALL the time when I was younger. Somebody please tell me you remember this movie!
    Could this be escape to witch mountain?
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Aug 13, 2007, 09:37 AM
    The only disney movie I know with a Jeremiah in it is "so dear to my heart"?

Aug 13, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Nope it's not Escape from Witch Mountain or So Dear to My Heart... it's still driving me crazy!
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 09:54 AM
    You might have to try posting this in a forum run by Disney fanatics. I glanced at a couple last night but I couldn't find a match for your movie. I am beginning to suspect that the "witch" angle is incorrect... maybe she was an alien or mutant or had non-magical powers or something?

Aug 13, 2007, 10:51 AM
    It might be that she isn't really a witch... in the end she might just be a normal girl that the boy thought was a witch, or maybe he wanted her to be a witch... something like that...
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 09:17 PM
    FINALLY. I can sleep in peace now. YOU can sleep in peace. You can also send me a handsome payment in thanks. Your mystery flick is the 1987 TV movie The Witching of Ben Wagner, starring Sam Bottoms, Sylvia Sidney, and Bettina Rae as the "witch". Full details can be found at YouTube, along with a clip that seems to cover at least a few of your plot points. The plot summary: "When Ben Wagner's family moves to a small town, he makes a mysterious new friend, 13-year old Regina. Because Regina dresses differently than the other kids and lives with her grandmother by a lake, local gossip says she's a witch. When Regina tells Ben, "You can do it, Ben." Ben thinks she's put a spell on him and finds courage to do things he never imagined he could do. When Ben stops listening to gossip, he discovers that Regina's real power is her ability to get him to believe in himself. This enchanting story teaches that the real magic in life comes from helping each other believe in ourselves."

Aug 14, 2007, 01:43 PM
    OH MY GOSH. I feel like I owe you my soul. Thank you! How did you find it? You should be paid for this sort of thing.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 01:49 PM
    I finally mastered on obscure maneuver in Google-Fu (I reduced my search terms to TV movie, witch, grandmother, and lake) that allowed me to blunder across the Mr. Clip site, which gave me the answer as shown here:

The Witching of Ben Wagner --http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094333/ girl lives with grandmother witch in a shack/shed, floating log across the river/stream? lake, bayou, pacific northwest? coffin, quicksand dream?

And then I remembered, to my chagrin, that I had actually run across this TWO WEEKS ago and just forgotten.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

Am I mad or what? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok here goes I was with my ex for 2 years and we split up 15 weeks ago, he met someone else last weekend and I accept that and wish him every happiness. However I still love him and feel it would be cheating on him if iI met someone new despite it being obvious due to new girlfriend he not want...

Anyone someone's got to know This is driving me mad [ 5 Answers ]

Can Anyone Help Me For 4 Long Years I Have Been Trying To Find Out The Name And The Artist For A Song I Heard At A Party. The Lyrics Are Broken At Best But Most Of It Goes Dear Mother Dear Father Living In This Hell I Breathe For You Believer Deciever... ... Dear Mother Dear Father

I'm driving myself mad... [ 17 Answers ]

On the whole my relationship with my boyfriend is good. We are fairly honest with each other. Last wkend we went clubbing together, with about another 5 people. We had a good evening and got very drunk. There's this 1 girl who has known me and boyfriend forever, very sweet girl just abit...

It's driving me mad... [ 26 Answers ]

I typed out a whole long message regarding this, about why I think I feel this way, and what I think it's a reflection of, but I think it was far too long to bother you all with... The problem is that I'm sabotaging my relationship with my fiancé. I love him so much, and I know he loves me, so...

View more questions Search