Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Aug 10, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Boy names
    My wife and I are expecting our third in October, a boy, and are struggling on a name this time around... any suggestions?
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Aug 10, 2007, 08:34 AM
    I had a dream when I was pregnant with my son, I didn't know it was a boy yet. I dreamt I delivered a baby boy and I named him Bryce. I don't know where it came from, but when I found out what I was having, Bryce Edward it is!!

There are so many cool names for boys now. I am sure you will hear plenty.
    My friend has a boy named Jett, I love that name.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 08:45 AM
    I am also expecting, and some names of boys we have liked so far are...
    Rowan
    Aiden
    Davin
    Brody
    Corbin
    Jack

We are more fond of Irish/celtic names due to our heritage though... lol.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 08:49 AM
    I was always a fan of tradition. Combining Dad's name with Grampa's or using both Grampa's first names as first and middle names.

For example, my second son is Michael William. Michael was my grampa and William was my ex's grampa.

My youngest is John David, named after my husband and my father-in-law.

I'm just a traditional gal though.

**EDIT** whatever you do, make sure you check the monogram.

I have a friend who named her daughter Amber Suzanne Schulz, her initials are A$$

Aug 10, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    I am also expecting, and some names of boys we have liked so far are....
    Rowan
    Aiden
    Davin
    Brody
    Corbin
    Jack

We are more fond of Irish/celtic names due to our heritage though...lol.

My wife is pure Scott so we both favor celtic names too... thanks those are good
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Oh yes, the monogram is an important issue. I had the name Audrey Peyton picked for a girl until we realized that her initials would be APE... lol...

I also like the idea, if you come from different backgrounds, to pick a name from each... or even pick a name with meaning simnilar to your names, so that a piece of you both is there... for instance if your name was william (protector) and your wife's name was jane (god is Gracious) you can pick the names Alexander (protector) and Shane (god is gracious) you see?
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man
    My wife is pure Scott so we both favor celtic names too...thanks those are good
    Our first son's name is Connor, forgot to put that on there, also in our family we have a Patrick, Colin, and a Keagan as well... I always forget those, because they aren't an option for me anymore.. but they are open for you! :)
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Celtic names that I love are Liam, Seamus, Ian, Dagen, Donel, Finn, Cameron, Gwydion, and Rhys (pronounced "Reese")
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 09:13 AM
    At the library, I helped an 8th grade boy who was reading up on saints' names as he searched for a confirmation name. He decided on Blaise (from Blaise Pascal) because he said it sounds like "Blaze" and that made him think of a superhero.

Aiden/Ayden and Chase are popular now -- but almost TOO popular. They may turn into the "Jennifer" and "Madison" of previous decades.

Don't forget -- Ian and John are the same name.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:15 AM
    LOL... we have a rhys too forgot him. My friend just named her son Finnegan, and I like Liam, but my hubby didn't... lol..

This thing is a lot of fun... The Baby Name Wizard: NameVoyager

I actually bought the baby name wizard book. It is pretty cool because it will give you brother and sister names that fit the same style as the name you like... for instance if you like the name Caleb, you are probably drawn to the names Gabriel, Cole, Connor, Elijah, and Noah for other kids... its really cool. We were looking for something that wasn't too popular, and it shows the popularity trends as well.. just FYI. Here is a link to it too. The Baby Name Wizard: Official Home

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    At the library, I helped an 8th grade boy who was reading up on saints' names as he searched for a confirmation name. He decided on Blaise (from Blaise Pascal) because he said it sounds like "Blaze" and that made him think of a superhero.

Aiden/Ayden and Chase are popular now -- but almost TOO popular. They may turn into the "Jennifer" and "Madison" of previous decades.

Don't forget -- Ian and John are the same name.
    You are so right, Seamus and James are the same as well.
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 09:24 AM
    And Liam is generally recognized as a version of William
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    I am also expecting, and some names of boys we have liked so far are....
    Rowan
    Aiden
    Davin
    Brody
    Corbin
    Jack

We are more fond of Irish/celtic names due to our heritage though...lol.
    I LOVE the name Jack. I hope to have a boy one day and call him that
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Jack is the name we have picked for our child if it is a boy. :)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Shocked at how many posted liam... that was the first one I thought of... and I agree, while I like aiden, its getting used a lot.

My son is daniel mcleod, after his great grandfathers first and middle... always like biblical and family names... though we later learned that mcleod came from the family doctor... he apparently had four girls and after delivering the third child in my wife's familys line he told the parents "this ones mine! if i can't have a son, yours can take my name!" and they kindly obliged, so mcleod as a middle name, while a family name, didn't start that way.

Zach... friends son is jonah.

Cole is cool. Luke, or go with lucas formally.

Dylan is fine. Buddys name is dallas.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Aug 10, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Are you into traditional names or not so traditional? Here are a couple that I have heard and thought were interesting.. Mason, Teagan, Cade
    tormanatort Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Tor or Orr, Tor means morning dove and Orr means light;)

Aug 10, 2007, 10:57 AM
    We are into original names with significant meanings or heritage (Scottish, biblical) daughters are Ainslie Rose and Naomi Claire, other son that passed is Isaiah Nathan..
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 11:03 AM
    I can give you some boy names that are in my family. Maybe you'll see one you like :)

Erick
    Aidan
    Andrew
    William
    Scott
    John
    Joseph

Picking a good name was kind of hard for me, so I would pick names that were meaningful to me or my husband. My first son is Aidan Otto. Aidan, because I've been wanting to name my son that since I was about 12, and Otto because that is his daddy's middle name. My second son is Andrew Edward, Andrew because it was my best friends name that died, and Edward because it is my hubby's grandpa's name. :)

**EDIT** - I forgot to add:

Marshall
    Morgan
    David
    Jeremy
    James
    Theodore
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 11:09 AM
    My nephews are Justin, Trevor, Logan, Ethan, Avery, Colin, Keagan, Jacob, and Patrick

For biblical, I have cousins named Andrew, Tobias, and Noah
    There is also Thomas, Mark, John, Luke, Samson, Joseph, Paul, David, Samual, Abram (had a good friend with this name) Moses (Abe's brother)
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 11:10 AM
    I'm not much help with traditional names, because the names we've chosen are out of fiction.

I like Caleb for a Biblical name, and Jacob.

We've chosen a Saint's name for our first child's middle name, male or female: St. Jude, patron saint of the Impossible. Perhaps there is something you are grateful for, with this child, that has a patron saint?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many names on the deed? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question: I am building a new home in Texas where my fiancé and I plan on living (and we plan on getting married in about a year). Since my credit and my salary is better than hers, I am the only one on the mortgage, but now the question is what names to put on the deed. In...

MSN names [ 2 Answers ]

It would really help if you could give me some GOOD msn names.. Names and Nicknames... I want it to be cool.. like emo cool, sk8 cool... not like PINKY PRINCESS style.. thx a lot:D

Names [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a uniqu name for my 2 month old kitten. I got her from the animal shelter near where I live. She was a stray cat and doesn't have a name. I want the name to be less common. Can anyone help me? ^_^

Names [ 2 Answers ]

Could you please tell me the meaning of the name "jonathan" and "joanna"

View more questions Search