Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wonder84lalala Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Excel: finding duplicate ID number
    Hi,

I would like to find / list any duplicated numberID in my spreadsheet, can you guys please help me.

For example:

Name IDnumber State
    Product1 0001 NJ
    Product2 0002 NY
    Product1 0001 NJ

In this case, I will just delete either the first or third row in the spreadsheet. Thanks for your help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 10, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Sort by ID number and scan for dups.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Aug 10, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Or you can Save as a Text file, Import into Access, bring in your numbers, and then do a group by-then run your query. This can get rid of duplicates too, without having to spend a lot of time doing it manually in excel.
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Oct 22, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Duplicates In Data In Excel

For you if you need it or others looking at the archives, I like the highlighting so I can see what I am going to delete first, there are others that will just delete.

By the way, this was the first choice on Google, excel vba duplicate row, then 2 minutes of surfing the site.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Oct 22, 2007, 06:23 AM
    "Bringing into Access (if they have it) is a good suggestion but why expeort to text first? Access will import/link to Excel files fine."

Scott Gem, you are correct. But with my system, sometimes we have to manipulate our data and Access's default settings don't always work when manipulating our data. I should not have put the part about converting anything to text as that was really only relative to my own personal experience and use.

Thanks for pointing that out.

T

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding Final Date in Excel [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I am a new member in this community. I am working on a small project in Excel and I am stuck up before I start. My problem is: In my company employees are allowed to choose all the weekdays to work or they can work how many ever days they want in a week. So please imagine that an...

Duplicate IP [ 1 Answers ]

Daer all Good morning , I'm very pleasure to join your forum , I have problem with My router which is connected to RADIUS server , more than one can connect with Specific username , hence they will take same IP , I want any command in CISCO ...

Excel; number formatting [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to format numbers using 32 or another number as the base number instead of 100? Example: 101.27 + .05 = 102.00 or 102.3 - .05 =101.30

View more questions Search