Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deelicious612 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2005, 01:41 AM
    Ugly bumps on upper arms
    Hi. I've always had these annoying bumps on my upper arms. I never knew how I got them and how to lose 'em. Most of my friends have them too. Does anybody know what they are and how to get rid of them??

HELP!!
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Aug 24, 2005, 10:31 AM
    Hi there! I used to have those bumps,too. Not only on the arms but also on my gluteal folds (the fold on my butt) till I started Glutathione pills a week ago. I know there has been so many bad feedbacks about glutathione. So far, I haven't noticed any whitening but I am thankful that my skin imperfections have been taken cared of. If it will whiten me, I will be thankful to it forever!
    Skinwhite Posts: 77, Reputation: 6

Aug 26, 2005, 02:46 AM
    It could be sweat bumps, a heat rash or dermatitis(an allergic reaction to something like detergent, food). Sometimes if I eat too much sugar products I get it too.
    *melanie* Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2005, 02:25 PM
    I have them as well, it's a hereditary skin condition called keratosis pilaris. I've tried everything to treat mine. Right now I'm using KP Duty, which has been very effective at minimizing the bumps!! :)

Here's the website on keratosis pilaris www.helpforkp.com

HTH! ;)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2005, 06:02 AM
    Bumps
    Hi,
    Have you seen a Dermatologist?
    If not, it's amazing how many people try "over the counter" remedies for anything under the sun. You can spend more money, do more harm, with many of these products than you can imagine.
    If you haven't seen a doctor, and gotten professional advice, please do.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    slaidlaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 07:47 PM
    I used to have them but within a week of using just a regular loofah (the circular, sponge-type ones) in the shower before/after shampoo and after conditioner... a total of 3 times a day, they were gone! But I will warn you, if you don't use the loofah EVERY day, they WILL come back!
    Another tip: Don't pick at them, that is what one of my friends did when she was younger and now her arms are all scarred up.
    Uniquemags Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 06:18 PM
    I am not a doctor, but just like I am, I believe you are suffering from Keratosis Pilaris. It's a benign skin condition resulting from the body's overproduction of keratin. Keratin clogs the pores since your skin cannot shed on it's own. Exfoliate and moisturize, maybe one day they'll be a cure for it.
    MrPineapple Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 04:30 AM
    It's just KP (Keratosis Pilaris). It's completely harmless, and there's no cure. You can, however get special creams that contain chemicals to minimize the bumps, but I don't recommend it because unless the bumps are really bad, it's a bit pointless since the bumps are harmless anyway.
    There are many forms of KP, and most fade away as you get older.
    It's also genetic. You probably got it from one of your parents. I got it from my mum, and my brother has it too.
    angel772 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 11:02 AM
    Hduacvzua udhsab duabdva udbagfuabheybbw dhaibvfbazuia vusabavuab suahfbs v shauiawhwb wijJKbcgauyU ftgfes56 aw5eftedch ggyuuyuuyewuwgdbs whwhauhqe uahqihfgaqiwqhf jahauabdfbhaguw hgauabdaduqhuavahha asdgeagiuasb ashgauiagdisasaba dhgaigdihgda abahdghauhj .vfaghgdsa ahgggsydshsa gashs,
    angel772 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 11:03 AM
    Have you sean a pufflings before
    lulublu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 08:57 AM
    I believe it's due to lack of zinc in your diet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny zit like bumps on arms [ 8 Answers ]

For years I have had little bumps on my forearms. Not painful, not rashy. About the size of little zits, but not red at all. Just flesh colored. My bet is that they are hair follicles, but... they never go away or get smaller. Anyone have any ideas as to what they are and how to get rid of...

Bumps on arms, hair follicles? [ 8 Answers ]

?? For years I have had little bumps on my forearms. Not painful, not rashy. About the size of little zits, but not red at all. Just flesh colored. My bet is that they are hair follicles, but... they never go away or get smaller. Anyone have any ideas as to what they are and how to get rid...

Ugly legs [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I'm 24 and I have 2 kids... and I have a real big problem... I have some really ugly veins on the back of my legs.. mainly right behind the knee where our legs bend... I've always had dark veins.. even as a kid I remember looking down at my legs and seeing my viens.. with my first daughter I...

Itchy, red, swelling in upper thighs? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 48 year old male and have experienced intermittant red, itchy, swelling areas in my upper thighs. It feels like an accumulation of fluid, not a skin problem. The effected region feels warm to the touch and usually dissipates in 24 - 48 hours. I was diagnosed with microscopic blood in my...

Bumps on arms [ 3 Answers ]

I started shaving my arms a week ago but I have noticed a lot of red bumps along my arms what is this and is there nehting I can do about it

View more questions Search