Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpmefindem Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2007, 07:34 PM
    Looking for a man
    I am looking for a guy named Russ Barber. Actually I just need his address. I tried googling his name, and tried yellow pages, but there are so many, and its not really as helpful as I would like it to be.

Here is what I know about him. He lives in New York, in tioga center (out towards owego NY). I knew him as Russ, but his full name is Russell. I used to know how to get to his house, but I hadn't been there for so long, I partially forgot, that and my girlfriend doesn't want me going to his house to get his address.

The reason I am trying to get his address, is I am in the process of turning him into the IRS, and DOL, for numerous violations I know of. If I have the address, it will help the IRS and DOL out more, so they don't have to look up hs address and such. I would like to give them as much information as possible.

If I could get any help with his address, or anything, that would be great. I guess when it comes to looking up people on the computer, I am completely illiterate, LOL:D
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 9, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Probably need to hire a private invetigator then...
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Why do you want to turn him in to these agencies? Do you have concrete evidence to substantiate your intended claims? If you have legitimate business doing so, why is your girlfriend expressing objections? How is it that you had occasion to go to his house in the past on at least a semi-regular basis? Something just doesn't smell right here. If you jump the gun going after this guy without solid evidence you could be setting yourself up for harassment charges and a slander suit. Ask yourself this ; what do you personally have to gain by going after this guy in this manner? If it's for spite or vengeance I'd seriously consider calling the whole thing off.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Yes, you will not need his address to turn him into the IRS and DOL, just ell them what business he is cheating on, what taxes he owes and as much info as you have.

Aug 16, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Cianci, I have plenty of concrete evidence to prove he IS guilty. The only reason I didn't turn him in before, is because my best friend was married to his niece, and he didn't want to mess anything up with the family, now, that they have divorced, my friend is also taking the facts and evidence he has as well. The reason my girlfriend is expressing concerns as you put it is because she doesn't want me wasting my time with getting him in trouble. Besides, if you knew the guy the way I do, you would want to turn him in too. I can't be charged with harassment, because first of all, this would be the first time I even associated myself with him since I quit working for him.

True, Fr_chuck, I could just give the agencies what I know, but I figured the more information I had, the better. I thought it may make thoose agencies jobs a little bit easier.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Well, do what you feel you need to do. But be careful that you don't end up crapping in your own nest as a result. A disgruntled ex-employee might be considered to be of questionable credibility. Your failure to take action sooner, whether your best friend was married to his niece or not (which really isn't a reason for not turning him in, by the way) will be another black mark. Keep in mind that the worse you try to make him look, the worse he's going to make you look. The fact that you went out of your way to try and get a former employer in trouble with the law, not under the auspices of whistleblower legislation, could make it difficult for you to find future employment. As I said in my first response to you, consider what you personally have to gain by pursuing this before you actually go and do it.

Aug 17, 2007, 08:09 AM
    I do have something to gain, but that's another story for another day

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Man In Love w/ Another Man [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hey Im 33 yrs old I became fast friends w/ someone I have known for many years just did not know him personally. Hes 27yrs old very intelligent ,funny, tough, masculine and very very easy on the eyes but he also has severe mood swings(gemini) along w/ a severe drinking habit. As time...

Should I be with this man? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused:

I Want a Man! [ 16 Answers ]

I want a relationship so so bad, one cause I hate being alone, and two cause I want to get over my ex once and for all. There are a couple guys that like me, but none I like back. Where am I supposed to find this person? It seems like I know everyone and there's really no one I'm interested in. I'm...

Maybe a man would know [ 6 Answers ]

The more I read up on it, the more I suspect that my boyfriend is asexual - has no desire for sex. He said that he has never desired sex, and that it's not important to him. On the other hand, he says that he wants to wait until he is married to have sex. I have no objections to waiting for...

This man has got to go now [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been living together for just about 3 1/2 years in my home not his. I live in Michigan ( Lansing ) He had not paid anything towards a bill for the first 2 1/2 years. He now pays weekly. Other than it is a bit more complex than that. Because I want him out is due to his...

View more questions Search