Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nero1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Credit Judgement - I won! But you won't believe this
    Had a Providian credit card in 1999 that I thought was paid off. Long story short, a Collection company "Commonwealth Financial Systems" purchased the debt last year. In June they filed a Judgement and lost. Their lawyers came in with only a Trans union credit report and my lawyer blew them away. No sales slips, signatures, nothing

After thirty days there was still no appeal to the Judgement made. Then I started receiving collection notices from another collection agency hired by the same company, Commonwealth Financial Systems" who lost the first case. They hired Edwin A Abrahamsen Associates P.C. They sent standard collection notices etc. for a few weeks. Then just this week 8/5, I started receiving foreclosure advertisements from companies that can save your property. I didn't know what the heck these were about (never missed a mortgage payment) but received four mailings in one day. Nothing official of ocurse, just advertisements and some with a case file on it. (A ruse most likely used by Edwin).

Then I received a summons to appear in common pleas court. Although, just prior to this court summons they sent me a standard collection notice that gave me 30 days to respond per FCRA regs. Violation? I think so. Plus, they already lost a case and had a Judgement against them without making an appeal. They went right to Common Pleas.

Their paperwork shown it was filed in July which is almost at the 30 day limit to appeal but I just received notice on August 8.

Oh, by the way, some of the Foreclosure ads had the same case file on them!

What's is in my favor? I plan to fight and fight and then if all is lost go BK (if needed of course).
    Margie1950 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero1234
    Had a Providian credit card in 1999 that I thought was paid off. Long story short, a Collection company "Commonwealth Financial Systems" purchased the debt last year. In June they filed a Judgement and lost. Their lawyers came in with only a Trans union credit report and my lawyer blew them away. No sales slips, signatures, nothing

After thirty days there was still no appeal to the Judgement made. Then I started receiving collection notices from another collection agency hired by the same company, Commonwealth Financial Systems" who lost the first case. They hired Edwin A Abrahamsen Associates P.C. They sent standard collection notices etc. for a few weeks. Then just this week 8/5, I started receiving foreclosure advertisements from companies that can save your property. I didn't know what the heck these were about (never missed a mortgage payment) but received four mailings in one day. Nothing official of ocurse, just advertisements and some with a case file on it. (A ruse most likely used by Edwin).

Then I received a summons to appear in common pleas court. Although, just prior to this court summons they sent me a standard collection notice that gave me 30 days to respond per FCRA regs. Violation? I think so. Plus, they already lost a case and had a Judgement against them without making an appeal. They went right to Common Pleas.

Their paperwork shown it was filed in July which is almost at the 30 day limit to appeal but I just received notice on August 8.

Oh, by the way, some of the Foreclosure ads had the same case file on them!!

What's is in my favor? I plan to fight and fight and then if all is lost go BK (if needed of course).
    Depending on your State, you might have passed the statute of limitations. You would always "owe" the bill but if you go to court and raise the issue of statute of Limitations it would make you judgement proof.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Hello Nero:

Filing a new case ISN'T filing an appeal. If they lost the first time around and DIDN'T file an appeal in THAT case, they can't sue again. Just take the prior judgment with you to court.

excon
    kennedy184 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2012, 10:30 AM
    If they lost the first time which is called a default judgment and didn't file an appeal another company may assume the debt and sue and they probably went to COCP if the bill was over $12000

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's a credit judgement? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm being sued by a credit card company, even though I am currently unemployed. They said they would put a judgement against me that would last 20 years.. what exactly does that mean? Is that worst then filing for bankruptcy? What can I do when I go to court?

Credit Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

Can creditors dip into your checking or savings account?

Collector won a judgement on me. My bank accounts are frozen [ 6 Answers ]

I received a summons in the mail for a debt to AT&T which is about 6 years old and sold to Palisades Collection. I sent a validation letter to the attorneys wolfroff and abramson who represents Palisades asking them to validate the debt via certified mail. They never responded to the validation...

Won a judgement, need to garnishee wages [ 1 Answers ]

What are the particulars of garnisheeing someone's wages and or assests in calif? I have won a judgement against an individual and now I need to attach his paycheck or bank account. I've never done this before so anything, anything will be helpful. Courts, paper work, how the employer is served,...

Judgement on my credit [ 2 Answers ]

I have a judgement on my credit that is really hurting my credit score. How can I remove the judgement off my credit.

View more questions Search