Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RitaJ Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2005, 05:23 PM
    Thyroid
    I have a question for anybody out there that can help , I have a tumor on my thyroid and they want to remove my whole thyroid it is on my left side , my question is , there a surgery that can remove the tumor but not the whole thyroid. Thank You Rita Litwin
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2005, 07:41 AM
    It depends on the type of cancer found... sometimes they are willing to do a partial removal, and sometimes they'll be more aggressive even if the tumor is in one lobe.

This link talks about the different kinds of removal and some distinctions between the types of cancer:

http://www.endocrineweb.com/surthyroid.html

This link is a thyroid forum where you can ask questions and get answers, like askme but primarily med oriented. Haven't used it so don't know if it'll be useful.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/thyroid/wwwboard.html

I don't work in the field so my info is only from searches. If you can provide more info about your condition (type of cancer) I'd be happy to help with more detailed searches. Otherwise hopefully the links above will help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thyroid problem reason for hair loss? [ 4 Answers ]

How alopecia areata can be treated. I want to ask one more query as my weight is losing and my hair are falling so can thyroid be one of reasons for hair fall. Thanks prabhjot

Low thyroid hormone [ 1 Answers ]

Recently discovered I have a low thyroid hormone does anyone else have this, is there any natural foods I should be eating or anything else I can do to help boost my motabelisim..? Thanks loads any info would be lovely

Soy and thyroid [ 2 Answers ]

Do soy products interfere with thyroid medication and functioning? If so, did prior use of soy cause irreversible damage?

Thyroid [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you so much for you info on tumor removel , I have one question , My mother inlaw has a tumor on her thyroid non-cancerous type . Im trying to find info on just removeing the tumor none of the lobe or thyroid at all is there a possible surgery out there . Rita J

View more questions Search