Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yeseniar19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Trying to get pregnant
    I been trying to get pregnant for 10 months and I just can't is it that I can have kids I'm only 20 years old
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 9, 2007, 02:42 PM
    You can have kids as long as you ovulate.
    Since it has been almost a year you and your partner might want to go see a doctor.
    You can get home ovulation kits to track ovulation and know when your most fertile days are.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 07:37 PM
    It can take healthy couples as long as a year of trying to conceive. Have you charted your cycle? Were you ever on birth control? Have you been to your doctor for a clean bill of health?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 10, 2007, 08:19 AM
    You may not be timing it correctly. Do you know the signs of ovulation?

This book could help you:
    Taking Charge of Your Fertility, 10th Anniversary Edition: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health
    By Toni Weschler
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 08:43 AM
    There are lots of factors in the situation that could be why you haven't conceived. Were you on birth control before trying to conceive? Tracking your ovulation with opk's (ovulation predictor kits) and bbt(basal body temping. Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com) can help you to determine when you are ovulating, to help determine best time for conceiving. Staying in bed after intercourse for 20-30 minutes, with your hips slightly elevated may help. Don't douche as this will wash everything away. From the back, or missionary style are also the best positions for optimal "shooting range" ;0). You are only 20, and have lots of years ahead of you to keep trying, don't doom yourself to infertility yet. It takes most healthy couples up to 12 months to conceive naturally, before it is suggested that they seek medical help. If you factor in past birth control used, it could take longer. (the depo shot for example can take up to 18 months before you become pregnant again.) a lot of it comes down to plain luck and timing. Stressing over becoming pregnant can also cause it to take longer to conceive. Once you have been trying for 12 months, go to see your doctor. There could be medical reasons for not conceiving (on your end, or your partners. Low sperm count, blocked tubes, endometriosis, etc.) you might need some help with clomid, or you might just need more time. If you are not taking prenatals at this time, I suggest you start. At least take folic acid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hi, I am on clomid for fertility treatment. I was feeling pregnant as in having pregnant like symptoms such as sore breasts, crampnes, nausea and tiredness. My period was supposed to be on the 27th but never came. However today I got my period. Its very light and I do not have any...

View more questions Search