Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lil Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 01:33 PM
    FDCPA violation
    What recourse do I have when a creditor or collector has violated the Fair Debt Collection Protection Act?
    In one case, they did not stop calling after a cease and desist letter.
    In another, they failed to serve me papers about a garnishment (is that FDCPA?).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 05:50 PM
    You hire an attorney and sue them.

Normally unless there is a specific state law ( TN for example has a law about being notified of a garnishment) but in general, there is no notice of a garnishment, you would have been served for the judgement that allowed a garnishment
    Fighting_the_Deb Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Aug 13, 2007, 09:21 PM
    All I can say is : GO GET 'EM!!

There is a website that can help you find a lawyer in your area that specializes in dealing with these scumbags. You may have to call and make sure that you get someone who really knows this stuff, but it is well worth it!

Sorry, I lied. I can't find the actual link for where the lawyers are listed. The website is budhibbs.com It is in there somewhere! If anything, you can find the collection agency you are dealing with and how big of scumbags they are!

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Violation of privacy [ 5 Answers ]

My landlord and I have an agreement that he will not walk people through my home. I have found out on two occasions that a realator brought people by but because I was there they could not enter. I will never give permission for someone to walk through my home with my belongings there. I work...

Traffic violation [ 25 Answers ]

Im not sure if I have a motorist insurance and along the way I got a moving violation, I just want to ask if Im an uninsured motorist and I got a ticket, do I first get an insurance before I fix my ticket or fix my ticket first before getting my insurance. My deadline for my ticket is on March...

Violation for probation? [ 3 Answers ]

I am on probation now and 5 months ago was extended for 6 months for not completing a drug offense class. I am at the end of my extended period and I have not completed the class again.When I go to see the judge in some weeks do you think I would be extended again or given jail time? And I have...

View more questions Search