Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aiyanna_always Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Brown discharge is this normal
    I am 33 years old and over the last six month I have had irregular periods. Recently it has been brown discharge 1 week prior to starting. I also have missed a period in between this. This month I had the brown discharge for two weeks and than started to period that was light with a few clots. I don't feel this is normal. Could anyone help here with what this could be or why it may be happening?:confused:
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 01:47 PM
    I have very irregular periods, and rarely have one if I am not on medication. The brown discharge is simply blood exposed to air... there just simply wasn't enough blood flowing to show red first, then eventually turn to brown.
    I ALWAYS know when I'm about to start my period because it is marked with brown spotting... and there have been times that it has last about a week... and that's my period... just the period was SO light the blood was already brown.

I really don't believe it is something to worry about... but if it would ease your mind you could call your doctor and speak to a nurse over the phone :)
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 04:26 PM
    At your age, if these symptoms are unusual, I'd first book in for a PAP smear. If all is okay, then the next (remote possibility) is that you may experience early menopause. The irregularity seems to point toward that.

The most likely issue is dietary changes (poor nutrition), or stress/depression.

A change in contraceptive pill is also a possibility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it normal for your period blood to be brown on the first [ 60 Answers ]

I just got my periodtoday and the blood is brown and I don't even need to use a pad or tampon just a panty liner is this normal?:confused:

Discharge normal? [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am 19 years old and I keep getting this white creamy discharge that dries yellow sometimes it can be quite heavy and thick and sometimes can have a slight smell sort of like sweat but not all the time even...

Discharge normal? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 19 years old and I keep getting this white creamy discharge that dries yellow sometimes it can be quite heavy and sometimes can have a slight smell but not all the time even though I shower everyday is this normal and can it be due to anything to do with me and my partner trying for a baby?...

Pregnant and brown discharge is this normal [ 16 Answers ]

Got a concern mabey you can help me with, I am 8 weeks pregnant and for the past few days on and off I have been have brown discharge it looks like old blood mixed and I notice it when I wipe. It started lite then stopped for a day and it started back last night but it has gotten heaver since the...

Pregnant/had sex/now discharge/normal? [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant I don't know how far along I go to the doctors next week. Well I had sex with my husband 3 nights ago and later on during the next day I started to have a brownish/pinkish color discharge. And I still have it today. I would like to know if this is normal or is this bad? Please help......

View more questions Search