Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BN61239 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Sore throat for 5 DAYS NOW!
    I have had a sore throat for about 5 or 6 days now. Its getting better but its only on one side of my mouth, on the left side, and my left tonsil is swollen. Almost every time I swallow it hurts, not a lot but it still has a little pain. I didn't go to the doctor yet, I've told my mom several times that my throat is still bothering me, but she never said to go to the doctor. Its not a really BIG pain but I just am becoming worried WHAT COULD THIS BE? WHAT SHOULD I DO? HELP!
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 9, 2007, 11:07 AM
    You need to go see the doctor. Try taking asprin as directed on the bottle. Drink plenty of water. Let your mom know it is really bothering you. Do you have any other symptoms such as fever, chills, or headache?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Head over to a doctor at a clinic or Emergency Room.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 11:11 AM
    How old are you? If you are under 16 DO NOT TAKE ASPIRIN!!

Is this in the same area where you felt that the popcorn kernel got stuck? You should probably have that checked out.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 9, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Oh yeah reye's syndrome use acetaminopehn instead.

Aug 9, 2007, 11:26 AM
    I have a cold with it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 11:26 AM
    So why not see a doctor?
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 11:27 AM
    It very well could be nothing more than a cold. But you had the popcorn kernel stuck. You really should have it checked out.

Aug 9, 2007, 11:58 AM
    We figured out there wasn't a kernel stuck. Its definitely not a serious pain. Sometimes when I swallow it doesn't even hurt, more when my throat is dry like in the morning after sleeping or when I'm eating dry foods. Actually it started more like 4 days ago. It's a very light pain, but there is still pain sometimes when I swallow.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 12:00 PM
    It could be step in that case it can affect your heart. Go to the doc now

Aug 9, 2007, 12:02 PM
    I also cough a lot. Its kind of been a habit since I was younger like 8 years old. We went to see a doctor about it and they did a test and it was just post nasal drip. Could my coughing be irratating the sore throat. I do feel like there is post nasal drip in my throat and I now have a runny nose. I've had colds that start with a sore throat and then the sore throat goes away and I get a cold. But why would it just hurt on one side? Also the tonsil is swollen on the side where it hurts.
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 12:02 PM
    You need to get it checked. Since it is worse in the morning it could be from post nasal drip while you sleep. If that is the case there are meds that can dry it up.
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Hun, understand that we cannot diagnose you on the internet. A proper exam is necessary. We have given you all the advice that we can. Now it is up to a doctor to treat you.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BN61239
    I also cough a lot. Its kinda been a habit since I was younger like 8 years old. We went to see a doctor about it and they did a test and it was just post nasal drip. Could my coughing be irratating the sore throat. I do feel like there is post nasal drip in my throat and I now have a runny nose. I've had colds that start with a sore throat and then the sore throat goes away and I get a cold. But why would it just hurt on one side? Also the tonsil is swollen on the side where it hurts.
    Inflamed tonsils are usually not inflamed exactly the same amount and sometimes if infection is in one only, then that is why only one is enlarged.

GO TO THE DOCTOR-5 days is too long.!
    skylar1214 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Yes, it could be strep. If it is then you need to get on antibiotics. Strep could cause Scarlet Fever which can be very harmful to your vital organs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cures for sore throat, possible strep? [ 8 Answers ]

Well I have a very bad sore throat right now... I can barely talk! I have had this for three days, I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday to see if I have strep (which I get at least once a year) and to get on antibiotics. But till then, I want it to stop hurting so badly! I have tried the...

Sore throat! [ 8 Answers ]

I've had a sore throat for 3 days and now I have congestion and sneezing with it. When should I see my doctor and is this anything to worry about?:confused:

Sore throat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is katie. And I have had a sore throat that comes and goes all the time. I get white spots that come off and smell. But now it hurts in the middle of my throat and all the time, my ears hurt off and on. But then again ihave tmj so when my jaw hurts my ears hurt. Is my throat something to...

Sore throat for 5 weeks [ 4 Answers ]

I was on 3 series of antibiotics for ringing in my ear over a period of 4 weeks and then finished them. A week later white spots appeared on my throat and tonsils but no pain for the first week. The first day I noticed the white spots I went into MedPoint and a doctor prescribed Augmentin (another...

Wisdom tooth and sore throat [ 6 Answers ]

Yesterday my lower right wisdom tooth started hurting. It was so bad that tensing my jaw in any way, eating and talking hurt. When I got up this morning my throat was (and still is) very sore, it hurts to swallow and when itry and open my mouth it hurts, and feels Very stiff. Is this normal or am I...

View more questions Search