Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rtrump Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Outside Temperature and Indoor Water Temperature
    I just have a general plumbing question. I live in a 4 year old luxury apartment building downtown and we have had an issue with our water temperature for the past month. (there is no cold/cool water... it is all hot - out of all the faucets). The building management is trying to say that this is simply because of the hot temperatures outside (even though we have experienced the problem in one faucet since March). We think this reasoning is completely ridiculous. Is there any possibility that in a building so new that the water temperature could be affected by the outside temperature to this extreme?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Sounds suspicious to me. Did things suddenly change in march? Why don't you get some temperature readings and post back with them. Is the ''cold'' always the same as the hot, or is it cooler late at night or the first thing in the morning? A candy thermometer may be good enough to check the temperature.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water temperature changes without warning [ 1 Answers ]

Just a quick explanation of my problem. I have a shower built in above my bath tub, first of all I run the hot water folled by the cold to just get the right temperature of the water,then I pull out the diverter for the shower to operate, while I am taking a shower the water suddenly goes from hot...

Water Temperature [ 2 Answers ]

What temperature should water be when it comes out of the faucet?

Hot water varying in temperature [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Bosch Worcester 280RSF combination boiler. I am having problems with the hot water... i.e. when I run any hot water outlet in the house, it will run hot for about 5 minutes, then temperature will drop considerably to almost cold for approximately 30 seconds, then water temperature...

Inconsistent water temperature [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Im having trouble with my water not being at a consistent temperature. For example it starts scolding hot then quickly goes to luke warm. Once I shut it off and turn in back on it will get hot again. This is absolutely annoying when Im trying to shower. Please help. :confused:

View more questions Search