Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenbob Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Could I be pregnant?
    I'm 16 years old, and was due on my period on the 19th July, I am now 3 weeks late, I had unprotected sex on the 3rd July and on the 10th had very light bleeding which was a light brown colour with no pain what so ever, that lasted around 4 days. 2 weeks ago I had a pregnancy test from my local clinic which was negative, 1 week later I had another one which was still negative. Is it possible for me to still be pregnant as my period is always dead on time, its never late or early? Im really worried. I have had a few symptoms, like being tired all the time and needing to use the loo more often and a little backache and swollen, sore boobs but don't want to go back to the clinic. If anyone can give me some advice I would be very grateful. Thanks x
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Sometimes nature throws a curve ball in there, and our period comes a little earlier and maybe lighter or heavier. The symptoms you are describing can also be signs of PMS. I would say, take another test (at home if more comfortable) and if the result is still negative, wait for your next PD. It should be coming on soon. If it doesn't come or is strange, go to a doctor and explain the situation. Tell them you keep getting negative. Tests and ask for a quantitative blood test.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Being just 16 I hope your not pregnant... but having unprotected sex definitely leaves you with the possibility.
    With you having light bleeding, but it lasting 4 days, I would suspect that you had your period early (I know you said you are always "dead on time" but the body doesn't work that way). If you are truly 3 weeks late (thinking the 10th wasn't a period) you should have enough HCG to show up using a HPT... but everyone is different.
    I would suggest going to your doctor for bloodwork to test that way.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Yes It Is Possible You Are Pregnant, What Were You Thinking??
    Sex At 16??
    And Then Unprotected Sex At That??
    I Suggest You Get To The Clinic Soon, You May Have Something Besides The
    9month Virus(pregnancy)!!
    And Remember If You Are Pregnant And Do Not Wish To Keep The Baby, For God's Sake Carry The Baby , And After Birth Allow Someone Whom Is Ready And Willing To Give The Child The Loving Home It Deserves And In The Future Think About What The Risks Are When You Are Thinking Of Doing Something Like Having Sex Again.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Adoption is not always the best answer. She will need to research ALL options and make a choice that will work for her, not society. I agree that she should have been more careful, but talking to her in that way will not help things. A lot of young people are just not educated properly. She is sixteen and doing the right thing by seeking help, and that is what matters right now.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 9, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Sometimes you can go almost a whole pregnancy without the HCG hormone being detected. Your best bet would to get a blood test.

Aug 9, 2007, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    sometimes nature throws a curve ball in there, and our period comes a little earlier and maybe lighter or heavier. the symptoms you are describing can also be signs of PMS. I would say, take another test (at home if more comfortable) and if the result is still negative, wait for your next PD. it should be coming on soon. if it doesnt come or is strange, go to a doctor and explain the situation. tell them you keep getting neg. tests and ask for a quantitative blood test.

Thank you, that was really heplful. :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 02:04 PM
    No problem. I hope everything works out for you. Come back if you have any other questions.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 11:11 PM
    Jenbob,
    I have been introduced to now knowing that all caps are "Yelling"?? I was unaware of this before now and was not yelling at you. Make the right choices, but go to the clinic a.s.a.p.

Aug 10, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOWERMAN2468
    Jenbob,
    I have been introduced to now knowing that all caps are "Yelling"??? I was unaware of this before now and was not yelling at you. Make the right choices, but go to the clinic a.s.a.p.

Its OK, don't worry, fanx for your help and I've made an appointment for next Wednesday x
    Bergie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenbob
    im 16 years old, and was due on my period on the 19th July, i am now 3 weeks late, i had unprotected sex on the 3rd July and on the 10th had very light bleeding which was a light brown colour with no pain what so ever, that lasted around 4 days. 2 weeks ago i had a pregnancy test from my local clinic which was negative, 1 week later i had another one which was still negative. Is it possible for me to still be pregnant as my period is always dead on time, its never late or early? Im really worried. I have had a few symtoms, like being tired all the time and needing to use the loo more often and a little backache and swollen, sore boobs but dont want to go back to the clinic. If anyone can give me some advice i would be very grateful. thanks x
    I am sure whatever happens, you will be just fine. Good luck!

Aug 11, 2007, 08:14 AM
    im 16 years old, and was due on my period on the 19th July, i am now 3 weeks late, i had unprotected sex on the 3rd July and on the 10th had very light bleeding which was a light brown colour with no pain what so ever, that lasted around 4 days. 2 weeks ago i had a pregnancy test from my local clinic which was negative, 1 week later i had another one which was still negative. Is it possible for me to still be pregnant as my period is always dead on time, its never late or early? Im really worried. I have had a few symtoms, like being tired all the time and needing to use the loo more often and a little backache and swollen, sore boobs but dont want to go back to the clinic. If anyone can give me some advice i would be very grateful. thanks x

Hey, its now the 11th and I still haven't got my period! X

Aug 17, 2007, 12:28 PM

Hey, its me.. . Again!! I have had a pregnancy blood test and its possitive, since having that blood test I have had 2 clear blue home pregnancy test and they are both possitive too! Thanks to everyone for all your help! X
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Congratulations, and I hope everything works out for the best. As you are young, make sure you research ALL the options available to you and make the best decision regarding you and your baby, don't let others influence you. You are young, but you aren't necessarily incapable of raising a child or making a choice as to what to do with a child. I wish you the very best of luck! We are here if you need someone ot talk to.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 12:54 PM
    I am going to follow Al here, and please do not let anyone influence your decisions. Having a child is very hard and very expensive, but many young women do it every day.

If YOU don't want to have an abortion, don't. If YOU don't want to give it up for adoption, don't. This decision is yours and yours alone.

Aug 18, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    Congratulations, and I hope everything works out for the best. As you are young, make sure you research ALL the options available to you and make the best decision regarding you and your baby, dont let others influence you. You are young, but you aren't necessarily incapable of raising a child or making a choice as to what to do with a child. I wish you the very best of luck!! we are here if you need someone ot talk to.

Thank you for all your help and good wishes! X

Aug 18, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I am gonna follow Al here, and please do not let anyone influence your decisions. Having a child is very hard and very expensive, but many young women do it every day.

If YOU don't want to have an abortion, don't. If YOU don't want to give it up for adoption, don't. This decision is yours and yours alone.

Thank you so much for all your help. All of you have helped me loads and I'm very happy to say I'm nt putting it up for adoption, or having an abortion, I am going to be a mum!!

I was suppose to be going on hol 2 Florida nest year so have been saving up money for some time, I now have over 6 hundred and so has my boyfriend, that money will now go on the baby, plus we get a £500 starter grant from the social! X

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Am I pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Ive been having Pregnancy systoms for a few weeks now but I've had my period. I have back pains sometimes lower back sometimes upper, bad headaches that won't go away, Lower stomach pains and a few others and I talk to my friend about this and she said I should take a pregnancy test and I did and...

Could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am 17 years old and have been on birth control since last June. My period is not due for another 4-5 days and I have been having really bad cramps and started having this brown discharge, which now is turning red, and I was just wondering if this is just a sign of an early period or is it...

My name is Ashley I am 22 year old! My husband and I are trying to have a baby. About 2 days ago I started having a reddish/brown dishcharge then today the 15th of February I started having light red bleeding and my period is not suppose to start till the 26th. I have also been having some other...

Hi me again, I did another hpt this morning and it came back negative still hve all the signs of pregnancy and still no sign of my period. I think I could have conceived on 3 or 4th feb which is the date of my missed period is it to early to tell with a hpt. I have an appointment with my docter...

View more questions Search