Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marinda Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2005, 10:45 PM
    Life after my moms death
    I am 34 yrs old and I lost my mom through cancer 7 months ago.
    My sister and I took care of her on her last 6 months. She wanted to die at home. I have been married for 8 yrs . Will never have children of my own.
    13 yrs ago one of my sisters was murdered by her husband.and she left 2 little girls behind. One 5yrs old and the other 3.
    My mom was the one who raised them. Well the 5yr old is 19 and has a daughter of her own. She lives 8 hours away.
    When my mom knew she was losing her battle, she asked me and my husband
    To raise the 3yr old which is now 16.
    She also asked me to take care of my dad.
    Life has been so hard for me since my dear moms passing.
    My heartis always acheing for my dad and my niece.
    My dad has always been a shy man. He doesn't speak english.and since my moms death he is so sad and lonely.
    My niece keeps to herself so much that sometimes I feel like Im smothering her because I just know how she truly feels.
    I have been seeking mental health for three years now.
    And its getting harder and harder to tell my counciler the whole truth on what I'm doing to not feel pain.
    I feel so worthless without my mom. I have always smoked marijuana since I
    Was 15. But lately I find myself smoking meth more.
    This is something that I have to keep From my dad and older sister.
    My whole family always knew about my marijauna use.
    But there is no possible way that I can ever let them know about the harder
    Drugs I've been doing.
    All my life I have always tried to do good for my moms sake and now that she is no longer here I just don't know what to do.
    I can't take this pain out of myself . But it is killing me more that I can't take iout of my dad. I have never truly loved myself. But I love my dad and family more.
    serialwife Posts: 117, Reputation: 16

Aug 14, 2005, 10:52 AM
    Marinda,
    I think it is very important that you see a grief counselor. Someone who can understand exactly what you are going through. You cannot take care of everyone else until you take care of yourself. You admitt to smoking marijuana on several of these forums. To each his own on the pot thing. You really need to get off the meth though. Everyday I see families ripped apart by people who think they are hiding meth use from their family. It's super addicitve and plays havoc on your body. I know several teenage girls who look like they are 50 because they have been smokin meth. It is also the drug that is being most tracked by law enforcement. The meth will not help you cope, it will just make you worse in the long run. Your drug use is going to hurt your father a lot worse. Plus what kind of example are you setting for niece. If you want to talk you can email or post. I work with people in your situation frequently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death& Dying? [ 27 Answers ]

My husband and I were just talking about death. He and I have completely different points of view on the matter. He is very confident in our beliefs of the afterlife and actually thinks it should be a day to celebrate, not mourn. I on the other, am a little more sensitive to the thought of it. ...

Have You Had a Near Death Experience? [ 3 Answers ]

Presented below is my "near death" experience. Those of you who have truly had one, please share your experience. Dr. O.S. Hawkins used to say, "An inward impression, without an outward expression, is depression." That's part of the reason why I wanted to share with you the "near death"...

My Moms Death [ 7 Answers ]

Im 14 years old and my mom died on July 21, 2005. She and my dad were both alcoholics and she died only a couple months after my sister and I moved into my grandparents and my dad started his recovery. My mom lived in South Carolina and I lived w/ my dad, brother, and sister in California. She had...

Important Info... moms Need To Read... [ 11 Answers ]

I am a member of this site and I find these posts VERY disturbing. I haven't been with this site long but I felt obligated to share this information with every pregnant woman I could. Please read this and protect your newborn!! http://curezone.com/forums/m.asp?f=60&i=120 ...

View more questions Search