Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donbliss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2005, 03:27 PM
    Word 2000, Outlook 2003: My keyboard unexpectedly begins typing gibberish.
    For example, when I type "several years," what appears on the screen is "o.k.pan f.apo".

I don't understand why or when this occurs, except that it may occur inconsistently after I've been writing something for longer than a few minutes.

Usually, I have to save my work and reboot to continue working; however, it seems that sometimes all I have to do is leave the program (Word or Outlook) and go into some other program for a minute and when I return I can continue my work for a while.

Does anyone know why or how to stop this from happening. My O.S. is XP Pro.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Aug 14, 2005, 08:01 AM
    Sounds like your keyboard layout is changing to another language for some reason.

Do you have multiple layouts installed? If you do & don't need the other remove it - go to Control panel -> keyboard -> input locales and remove any languages not required for your system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Word 2003 slow down [ 3 Answers ]

I use XP Pro and Office 2003. After I completed a Windows Update and all patches completed Word 2003 runs like a dog for a couple of minutes. I can hear my hard drive working when I bring up a Word doc and delays affect my mouse movement until something times out and releases it. This goes on...

Keyboard Some keys typing wrong symbols [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, The @ is where the " is and vise versa. The # is at the backstroke key and I haven't been able to find where the backstroke key is. The # key is now a £ sign. The ~ key is at the shift key above the backstroke and the ~ is ¬ key. Anyone any idea how I can change back to a normal keyboad...

Outlook 2000 / Exchange 2003: email addresses resolves very slowly [ 2 Answers ]

This is happeneing only to one particular user who received a new computer. When she start a new message and types in the person's name she uses the "Check name" button to resolve the name from the Global Address List. Outlook hangs for about a minute (it's supposed to be instantaneous) then the...

MS Word 2003: Bullet Shortcut [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Normally to create bullets I just type an asterik at the start of my paragraph. When I go down to the next line, word replaces this asterik with a bullet for me and indents the paragraph accordingly. Trouble is that I seem to have hit a key combination that has turned this shortcut...

Exporting Mail from Outlook 2003 to 2000 [ 9 Answers ]

I have been strugggling with this (what I feel should be simple and probably is) problem for two days now and its driving me up the wall so could some kindly soul please help!! I need to export all my saved e-mails (in various sub-folders within the INBOX) from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2000 on my...

View more questions Search