Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmh383388 Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2007, 12:14 AM
    Why do we dream ?
    Is there any meaning about the dreams we dream?

Will the dreams become true in reality one day ?

When we see and talk to somebody in dreams, will the person know that in reality?

Thanks for your answers!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 12:28 AM
    Dreams are like a virtual training room. They are our brain preparing for future situations and consolidating data. They are essential for learning and memory. There's nothing prophetical about them, except that they might GUESS the future purely by chance, just because that's what you're thinking about.

I might dream about my coffee falling off a table onto my lap and burning me. But if it happens in real life it's not because of my dream, my dream just wondered what woulld happen in that situation.

If dreams came true then there would be a lot more people finding themselves naked in front of their workmates, don't you think? :P
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 10:41 PM
    Meaning of Dreams in Islam

Dreams are broken into three parts according to the Sunnah:

Ru'yaa - good visions (dreams)
    Hulum - bad dreams
    Dreams from one's self

Abu Hurayrah narrated Muhammad (Saw) said, "There are three types of dreams: a righteous dream which is glad tidings from Allah, the dream which causes sadness is from Shaitan, and a dream from the ramblings of the mind." (Sahih Muslim).
    -------------------------------

This is just an Islamic view point... :)
    shimmer love Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pmh383388
    Is there any meaning about the dreams we dream?

Will the dreams become true in reality one day ?

When we see and talk to somebody in dreams, will the person know that in reality?

Thanks for your answers!
    I think when you dream your mind is showing you how to fix something
    But you should always listen to your dreams umm like dayshaw voo thts because you had a dream about that day and then it happenes for real
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Yeah, that dayshaw voo is some freaky stuff.
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2007, 01:09 PM
    I'm always nice :)

The awesome thing about déjà vu is that you don't realise it's going to happen for real until it does happen for real (and you don't even remember the dream until it happens for real). This hints at the fact that maybe it isn't a premonition but something else.

There are a few scientific hypotheses on déjà vu, the one that makes the most sense to me is that it's a simple lapse of memory. Your brain thinks that instead of seeing the situation for the first time, it thinks that it has seen it before, which gives the eerie feeling as if you could say what was going to happen in the next few seconds. But you never can, can you? :)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Capuchin,
    I agree with your explanation of déjà vu... it makes sense.

You are right we never can guess what will happen.Even dreams we dream, we cannot confirm which dreams will come true or not..

Great,finally found some common ground with you:)
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2007, 01:19 PM
    I heard it was the visual/other imput going through you're memory centre of the brain (don't make me look it up) so that you think you are remembering it as you interpret it. A kind of mis-wiring.
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Yes temple, like I said, there are several hypotheses :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with dream [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Here go's, I was at a gathering and my sister said she did not want to Grill. This was all happening in a dark place, I don't exactly know what to make of it, And acouple of weeks ago I had a dream... We were siting across from each other staring at each other, Can any one help...

Need help with a Dream. [ 11 Answers ]

Sorry I forgot to mention that I posted two dreams within one post.. I do keep a dream log, and I only write down dreams that I think need interepting, these are the main two I really do need some help on.. No one else has been able to give me any insight on either of the two and what...

Dream.. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I'm not religeus but I had seen another subject involving dreams in this category so I taught it would be well placed in here. I had (past 2 days) 2 dream wich involve a girl I used to hang around with a lot. And we were kind of together but not really a couple. In the meantime she has another...

Dream [ 8 Answers ]

Here go's, I was at a gathering and my sister said she did not want to Grill. This was all happening in a dark place, I don't exactly know what to make of it, and acouple of weeks ago I had a dream... We were siting across from each other staring at each other, Can any one help figure this out,...

Dream [ 10 Answers ]

I had a dream about my grand dad who passed on, We were in a dark space, I seen a spray of flowers, callalilys. I wondered what this was suppose to mean, while I was Having this dream. I thought maybe someone was going to die, I fell to my knees, grandfather told be to be still & I would know. ...

View more questions Search