Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Young-Love Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

Aug 8, 2007, 07:32 PM
    16 years old and 14 weeks pregnant
    I'm 16 and 14 weeks pregnant. My babies heart beat is 160.
    I don't know what is normal with pregnancy and something's are starting to scare me.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm in a lot of pain
    More lower back pain but I can' take a bath because it is hard for me to breath
    Just thought I'd ask for some helpful tips...
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 07:36 PM
    You should see a doctor. I didn't experience shortness of breath until I was about 8 months pregnant and as big as a house.

The baby's heart rate should be between 120 and 160, but the heart rate can fluctuate throughout the day. It will not always stay at 160 :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 8, 2007, 07:37 PM
    160 beats per minute (BPM) is perfect, absolutely beautiful, you are lucky. 140-170 is perfect, so you are EXACTLY in the perfect range.

The rest of your feelings are perfectly normal also and will tend to get a little stronger as time goes by until delivery.

Baby is taking up space in your abdomen, squeezing your internal organs, and will continue to do so as he/she grows.

Although you are concerned, this is all very common and very normal.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 8, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Are you under the care of a doctor? Babies normally have a high heart beat. Your body itself is under going a lot of changes, now along with that it is adjusting to being pregnant. There really isn't a normal pregnancy everyone experience different stuff. It is very important to get your prenatal check ups, eat healthy, and get rest.
    It seems at this stage you shouldn't be having that bad of back pains and trouble breathing. I would suggest see your doctor right away.
    Expert

Aug 8, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Understand we don't know her (Mom's) size. If she is of small stature this could be very normal for her.

I will reiterate what the others have said though... Prenatal care is a MUST!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Understand we don't know her (Mom's) size. If she is of small stature this could be very normal for her.

I will reiterate what the others have said though.....Prenatal care is a MUST!!!
    Very true. I forgot that the growth process could be different for someone with a small frame. :)

Aug 8, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Yes I have regular prenatal care once a month
    -

Aug 8, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Great news to hear. Let them know about your concerns. It probably isn't nothing to be worried over.

Aug 8, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Okay well I get a ton of back pains, it's normal I know... but this early?
    As I was saying before I am Tiny I was only 105pounds when I got pregnant.
    Anything you have for tips on relaxation, or even getting the back pains to stop
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Young-Love
    Okay well I get a ton of back pains, it's normal I know...but this early?
    As I was saying before I am Tiny I was only 105pounds when I got pregnant.
    Anything you have for tips on relaxation, or even getting the back pains to stop
    Any pains that I had a warm bath would always take care of. Also, a heating pad was my best friend while I was pregnant :)

Aug 8, 2007, 08:02 PM
    I could try that heating pad idea, buttt like I said before taking baths I have difficulty breathing in.
    -

Aug 8, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Heating pad works nice or if you can get someone to roll a tennis or racket ball around your back. You might want to ask your doctor for some exercises/stretching you can do to help ease your back pain as well.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Young-Love
    I could try that heating pad idea, buttt like i said before taking baths I have difficulty breathing in.
    You are also allowed to take Tylenol :)

And the heating pad worked wonders for me.

Aug 8, 2007, 08:52 PM
    I know Tylenol has been a savior.. I only take one every four hours if I do need it.
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 04:59 AM
    The tennis ball is a GREAT idea, actually the best. A heating pad, well, make sure you get your doctor's permission first. And make sure you never use on your belly.

With your small stature a heating pad may go against your doctor's advice as it does tend to raise your internal temperature wherever it is placed and the baby does not need for you to have your midsection too hot.

Aug 9, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Hmm yea
    Good thing to ask my doctor about.
    When do you start to feel the baby?
    I know I'm already showing... but I really want to start feeling it move..
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 07:54 PM
    You should start to feel it usually around 18 weeks or so.

Aug 9, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Ohhh I can't wait :)
    -

Aug 9, 2007, 07:57 PM
    It is truly one of the best feelings in the world. Of course a few months later you can really feel it. My son used to knock stuff off my belly.
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 07:59 PM
    It was one of the most wonderful feelings I have ever felt. To feel life inside you is truly a miracle. I have had 4 and would give anything if I could have more. I loved every second of pregnancy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I am 24/m can't get over Ex Girlfriend (of 4 years) just broke up 3-4 weeks ago [ 11 Answers ]

Well this is how it all started. I went to a bar with my friends and she was at the bar I was at. She was talking to one of her x flings and I got all pissed off. So I walked up to her and I was like what the hell are u doing. She was like nothing don't worry about me. Then throguh out the whole...

I am 28 weeks pregnant [ 11 Answers ]

I have been sick for 3 day and now it has blood in it do I need to go see a doctor

I am 4 weeks pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

K what happened was I found out that I am pregnant but I had a little bit of pain on my right side so the doctor told me it was a blatter infection so he gave me some pills for it then a few days went by and the pain did not go away so I went to the walk in clinic again and the doctor told me it...

3 weeks Pregnant! [ 2 Answers ]

I'v been trying to have a baby with my partner and I'm 3 weeks pregnant can I have my period?

View more questions Search