Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Bank levy
    Can a levy be place against your bank account if it is joint and the joint account holder is not your spouse. Is it true that adding a child or aanother third party to your account as a trust or co owner will stop the levy because creditors can not seize an account with a third party.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 05:09 PM
    A trust account, yes, adding another party to the account will not stop a levy or garnishment, but the third party would have a claim against the account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Levy [ 5 Answers ]

I had a bank account levied yesterday for $515.00. The creditor advised me that if I went and paid the balance in full, the levy would stop and the bank would release my money that was being held. I did pay it 100% in full last night and have proof of payment, and the creditor confirmed payment...

Bank Levy [ 1 Answers ]

I'm on SSDI. I have run into some hard times and cannot pay my bills. The only income I have is SSDI. Can the creditors garnish my bank account?

Bank Levy [ 3 Answers ]

I received a bank levy from a lawyer puttin my account as being overdrawn, had little funds in the account. It was all due to a unpaid credit card bill. The balance is calling for some 2800 and I only had a dollar in the account. I'm asking on opinions on how to go about this from here. Is there...

Bank levy in nj [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I live in New Jersey. My husband and I have joint bank accounts that were levied for a debt incurred long before I met him. I went to court and proved this money in the account was from his paycheck as I am not employed and although it seemed obvious to me that all was direct deposited...

Bank levy [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: Today I received papers on a bank levy to my account seeing how I only had a few dollars in there they took it. Will they keep coming after everything that I deposit until the debt is cleared? Because my check is direct deposited what do I need to do please someone help me.

View more questions Search