Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onewhocares Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 11:27 AM
    What is the statue of limitation to turn in a child molester?
    My 3 sons were molested by their Uncle when they were young. My one son filed a police report in San Jose ,Ca around 1980. Nothing ever became of it, because their Uncle lived in PA. I know now, he molested others family members as well. Their Father passed away in Feb this year, his Sister wrote a letter to my son explaining her son was molested too. I might add it was my husbands Brother who did the molesting. I feel he has never stopped molesting, he tutors disabled young men. My question, is their anything my sons can do today? I would like to see their Uncle punished for his molestations. I have been told there is a statue of limitations for molestations. I wondered, since there was a report filed, if this makes a difference. I appreciate any help or suggestions as my sons are still troubled by the past.
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Aug 8, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by onewhocares
    My 3 sons were molested by their Uncle when they were young. My one son filed a police report in San Jose ,Ca around 1980. Nothing ever became of it, because their Uncle lived in PA. I know now, he molested others family members as well. Their Father passed away in Feb this year, his Sister wrote a letter to my son explaining her son was molested too. I might add it was my husbands Brother who did the molesting. I feel he has never stopped molesting, he tutors disabled young men. My question, is their anything my sons can do today? I would like to see their Uncle punished for his molestations. I have been told their is a statue of limitations for molestations. I wondered, since there was a report filed, if this makes a difference. I appreciate any help or suggestions as my sons are still troubled by the past.
    I honestly don't believe there are a statute of limitations on these offenses... file another report so this guy can be stopped and tried in court for what you allege... the problem will be proving it after so many years.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 8, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Talk to the police where the report was filed, ask them to reopen the case and present your sister-in-law's letter as new evidence. I believe there may be a statute of limitations here, but child molestation is taken a LOT more seriously not than in the 80s. Even if the SOL has expired, opening the investigation might bring some more recent molestation to light.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statue of limitation [ 5 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitation on statutory rape? Also, the time of limitation has passed, what other way can you charge some one with statutory rape against a 14 year old, if they were 25 at the time?

Statue of Limitation of signature under duress [ 1 Answers ]

My partner forced me to sell a property of ours to his acquintance. I did not know he was planning this sale until a week before the close of Escrow which the buyer was doing a 1031 Exchange. My partner agreed to give me his share of another property we own if this deal closed. I did not get...

Statue of limitation in Nova Scotia [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old credit card debt from 1998-1999. In 2005 a collection agency contacted me by letter wanting to collect. At that time I sought professional help from a debt relief company. I was told not to worry about it because the statue was about to run out. Recently I have been contacted...

Statue of Limitation [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statute of Limitation on a DUI charge in BC or Canada. I have a warrant out of my arrest in BC. I didn't even know about it until I was pulled over in Alberta. I was under the impression from the cop that I talked to on the phone that I had taken care of all of that mess. But then I...

View more questions Search