Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aetochtlu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 05:05 AM
    New puppy won't stop breathing weird. Won't poop either.
    I just got a new puppy yesterday afternoon. He's 8 weeks old, and came from a farm. We brought him home, and the whole time he was breathing weird, like he's grunting. He slept throughout the night OK, but when I got up and took him outside, he peed but was whimpering the whole time. (I think that was because it was raining and thundering.)

The not pooping thing doesn't bother me much - we've only had him 12 hours so far. But the grunting, fast breathing does concern me. Should I be worried? Or is it just stress of a new home?
    valentinobabe15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetochtlu
    I just got a new puppy yesterday afternoon. He's 8 weeks old, and came from a farm. We brought him home, and the whole time he was breathing weird, like he's grunting. He slept throughout the night ok, but when I got up and took him outside, he peed but was whimpering the whole time. (I think that was because it was raining and thundering.)

The not pooping thing doesn't bother me much - we've only had him 12 hours so far. But the grunting, fast breathing does concern me. Should I be worried? Or is it just stress of a new home?
    I think you should take him to the vets don't try to figure this out on your own please take him please!!
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Aug 8, 2007, 06:48 AM
    You should take him in for shots,and the vet will give him a free exam.Parvo is still spreading like wildfires,and vaccinations will help protect him from infection.The vet will tell you if his breathing is out of the norm,and check for parasites that he may have.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Long ago, when I first started answering questions on another site, I didn't answer medical questions. Before long, I concluded for most of them, the sooner 3 people said take the dog to the vet, the better.

While you are on line, read through the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251802
    The first thing is to get the puppy to the vet and start the proper course of treatment.
    JamieLynn Posts: 55, Reputation: 5

Sep 26, 2007, 11:12 AM
    You really do need to take him to a vet. Has he had any shots yet? Has he been dewormed? We got our second dog (we have 5) from a breeder that keep her in the backyard and she was infested with fleas and had worms really bad since you got him on a farm worms are a big possibility. Also stuff like distemper and parvo if he has not been started on his shots. There are also many other things that could be wrong including birth defects and diseases contracted from ticks. Also kennel cough. Take him to a vet right away. You should have looked into the pupies health before you got him. Asked about vet visits (living on a farm they probably didn't go to a vet), worming and shots.
    JamieLynn Posts: 55, Reputation: 5

Sep 26, 2007, 11:15 AM
    The best place to get a dog or puppy is from the humane society or an experienced breeder (be sure its not a puppy mill) never get one from a pet store as the pups at pet stores all come from puppy mills (very cruel) and never get a pup from an inexperienced breeder they don't take care of them well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

My boyfriend won't stop! [ 34 Answers ]

As of right now I am 6 months pregnant. From about January I have struggled with my boyfriends drug habits. I went through a lot trying to get him to stop and he said he did, but come later to find out he has never stopped. I ask him constantly if he still does them, which of course he says no. I...

My Pom won't poop outside [ 9 Answers ]

HELP! I know the situation at hand is a little bit of my fault. When I first got Pint, I didn't have the heart to crate train him. Turns out he* trained me*. Whining got him his way. Well, I have been trying, but just can not get him to poop outside. I tried the puppy pads and they worked great...

Why won't it stop [ 2 Answers ]

After having my son my I breast fed for about 3 months but I didn't get my period till he was about 8 months old then I got pregnant again!! Now my daughter is 10 months old I have been bleeding not too heavy barely anything maybe since the middle of January, why?? It will go away for maybe a day...

GE washer won't stop spinning [ 1 Answers ]

So, I had started my washing machine when I realized someone else in the house had used up all the laundry detergent... :cool: So I turned it to off. When I got the detergent, I tried to turn it on, and it went to spin. I turned the knob around a few times, trying to start it each time in...

View more questions Search