Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BN61239 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Swollen left tonsil and sore throat
    I've had a sore throat for 4 days now. It is getting better, but slowly. I noticed that my left tonsil is swollen, not very swollen, but in the middle. That's where the pain is coming from too. Every time I swallow on that side it hurts. What does this mean?? My right tonsil isn't swollen though. HELP!
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 04:15 PM
    It is normal for one to hurt more than the other. Your sore throat could be caused from a number of things: drainage, strep throat... etc. It's important to see your doctor about this; if it is strep throat it needs to be treated right away because it can actually become deadly if not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cures for sore throat, possible strep? [ 8 Answers ]

Well I have a very bad sore throat right now... I can barely talk! I have had this for three days, I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday to see if I have strep (which I get at least once a year) and to get on antibiotics. But till then, I want it to stop hurting so badly! I have tried the...

Sore throat! [ 8 Answers ]

I've had a sore throat for 3 days and now I have congestion and sneezing with it. When should I see my doctor and is this anything to worry about?:confused:

Sore throat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is katie. And I have had a sore throat that comes and goes all the time. I get white spots that come off and smell. But now it hurts in the middle of my throat and all the time, my ears hurt off and on. But then again ihave tmj so when my jaw hurts my ears hurt. Is my throat something to...

Sore throat for 5 weeks [ 4 Answers ]

I was on 3 series of antibiotics for ringing in my ear over a period of 4 weeks and then finished them. A week later white spots appeared on my throat and tonsils but no pain for the first week. The first day I noticed the white spots I went into MedPoint and a doctor prescribed Augmentin (another...

Wisdom tooth and sore throat [ 6 Answers ]

Yesterday my lower right wisdom tooth started hurting. It was so bad that tensing my jaw in any way, eating and talking hurt. When I got up this morning my throat was (and still is) very sore, it hurts to swallow and when itry and open my mouth it hurts, and feels Very stiff. Is this normal or am I...

View more questions Search