Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robbie92570 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Probation terms
    One of my terms of probation is to not possess a firearm for 10 years. I need to get this changed I getting a new job where I need to carry a gun. Its been 2 years of the 10
    I have no priors, the gun was found in my car.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Hello robbie:

Sorry. I just don't see ANY probation department allowing one of its charges to carry a firearm while under supervision- ESPECIALLY when the conviction involved a gun.

I could be wrong... But, I'm not.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 7, 2007, 05:54 PM
    And to carry a gun, you will have to get a permit to carry a gun. I doubt if you can get a permit to carry a gun while on probatoin of any kind.

But I will agree with excon, I don't see any probation department even considering it.

Aug 7, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Maybe a letter to the dept of justice for a reduction from 10 years to 2 or 3?
    poodlepamm Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie92570
    One of my terms of probation is to not possess a firearm for 10 years. I need to get this changed I getting a new job where i need to carry a gun. its been 2 years of the 10
    I have no priors, the gun was found in my car.
    You will need to go to court and have your rights most likely reistated. Depends on what you are charged with? Are you still on probation and how is that going? You will need to discuss this with your PO as a condition of probation as well as a safety issue for the po dept

Aug 8, 2007, 11:44 AM
    I have no probation officer, I have summary probation for 3 years for violating a restraining order. Its been 2 years so far, I was told my an Attorney that I could
    Get my probation expunged early, but he was not sure about the gun charge.
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Aug 8, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie92570
    I have no probation officer, I have summary probation for 3 years for violating a restraining order. its been 2 years so far, I was told my an Attorney that I could
    get my probation expunged early, but he was not sure about the gun charge.
    With a previous gun charge and the requirements of 10 without I wouldn't count on PO or courts decreasing it or allowing

What is "summary probation" and you also violated a restraining order while on probation for the gun charge? More info is helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maryland terms of probation [ 5 Answers ]

In the state of Maryland, if the court does not order mandatory drug tests as a term of probation, can they still be administered at the probation officer's discretion? Or is there no chance of being drug tested if it is not court stipulated.

Rental Terms [ 3 Answers ]

This may seem like a dumb question, but I recently moved into my apartment on June 4th, the date on which my lease agreement began. I was asked to pay first, last and security before entering the apartment. Now, it is July 2nd and I am wondering if I owe rent this month, for my first month (as I am...

Probation terms and health issues [ 6 Answers ]

I've been on probation for about a year and a half now. I was arrested approximately two years ago for possession of psilocybin (Schedule 1 drug) for which I was charged with a Class A misdemeanor. I was a college student at the time and had never been in trouble, or even to the principles office...

Confused about terms and conditions of probation [ 2 Answers ]

I get random drug tests for treatment in lieu of a conviction for prescription fraud. Yesterday I asked... could I have a drink of wine on occasion, if it there is no restriction of alcohol in my terms and conditions. I went for my random drug test and found out they test for ethanol... is that...

Accountancy Terms [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between an Invoice and a Bill?

View more questions Search