Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samunder_2000 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2005, 08:56 PM
    Potato diet
    Hi,

One of my cousins, now 20 year old, has been eating only rice and potatoes since he is a 5 year old boy. Though he would snack in anything, the main meal is always rice + potatoes. He will not eat anything else. His parents gave up trying to convince him. I tried to explain him that it will lead to lopsided growth but I could not clearly point out what ill effects could be caused due to a diet like this. I am not a nutrition expert and I can't convince him.

Can anybody please help and list out clearly if there are any long term issues with a diet like this? Or if it works for him, should we think that's what his body needs?
    Shidoshi Posts: 71, Reputation: 4

Sep 12, 2005, 12:29 AM
    You can use one of the online nutrition services and see what are the nutrients that he misses on a daily basis. You can then extrapolate it to a month or even an year, and you will have a more clearer picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Diet? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been doing many diets and can't find one that works with my busy schedule and I am hungry all the time. What is the best one from you opinion and how do I do it? :(

Why make an opening on a potato when boiling? [ 3 Answers ]

Why do people slice an opening on the potato when boiling it? Some poke a hole.

Crown problems-i miss potato chips! [ 3 Answers ]

I had a tooth prepared for a crown one month ago without a root canal. The temporary crown was painful when biting and very sensitive to hot, cold , and sweet. I saw my dentist twice after the temp was placed and she checked the bite and took another x-ray. She said there was not problem except...

Sweat potato pie recepie [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I ned a favour, I'm entartainning a guests tomorrow and I was planning to bbq. I also want to make some sweat potato pie, but I don't know how. Can you help me with a recepie please! Thank you very much, Bye Robert [email protected]

Potato [ 1 Answers ]

I had a really long post here - but my PC locked up, so I'll give the short version (which I'm sure you're grateful for): Microwave oven seems to trip circuit breaker ONLY when nuking a potato. (And, no, I'm not leaving a fork in the potato or anything.) I remember doing an experiment in grade...

View more questions Search