Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bradlylyons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2005, 07:59 PM
    Kenmore dryer turn back on
    My kenmore gas dryer runs normally but after shutting off at the end
    Of the cycle it slowly keeps rotating until it turns itself back on. I replaced
    The timing swith. Any thoughts ?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2005, 08:25 PM
    Did you replace the entire unit, or just part of the timer? It sounds like the part that turns the timer motor off is stuck and was not replaced.
    skooter68 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2005, 05:26 AM
    Kenmore Dryer
    I too am having this same issue... So I should replace the timer? Is that hard to do? Is there a scematic some where that would show me how to do this myself?
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2005, 07:17 AM
    This is not a problem I have fixed myself. Unfortunately the original person never reported back if my suggestion worked or not. There should be a schematic on the inside or the back, but you really do not need it to replace the timer. Unplug the drier and remove the screws holding the control panel. There should be a large plug with all the wires to the timer. Remove it and the screws holding the timer. You will need to pull the knob off and remove screws under it too. You should be able to buy a new timer at a local appliance repair, or at http://www.applainceparts.com/

Oct 27, 2005, 09:37 AM
    Kenmore continues to run
    Well I replaced the whole timer on my kenmore dryer and still... after it completes a cycle, the timer continues to run until the next cycle starts... What now? Any suggestions?
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2005, 09:55 AM
    I am sorry you spent money following my original post, and it didn't work. I haven't looked at one of those myself for some time and forget exactly how they work. It seems to me like in the old mechanical timers, the timer motor is just controlled by one more cam. At the end of the cycle, the cam forces the lever up and the contacts apart stopping the motor. It stays off until you turn the dial to where the cam is lower. Perhaps you could have a stray wire strand of wire on the plug to the timer.If a new timer didn't fix it, somehow power is getting to it outside the timer.

I would hate to refer you to the paranormal forum.

Oct 27, 2005, 10:01 AM
    Kenmore Dryer
    Hey Labman.. no need to apoloize... that was a good guess... and it was pretty easy to install but when a load finishes and the dryer stops... if you put your ear up to the timer, you can here that it's still running and eventually it continues into the next cycle... I'm going to recheck all the wires for frey and such and see it there may be a short somewhere... thanks for your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Dryer won't turn on [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool dryer (model #LGR7646EQ2) that got a tennis show caught in between the drum and the door. I heard the shoe thumping, then the dryer stopped. I removed the tennis shoe, but the dryer won't start back up. I can turn the drum by hand, but the start button won't turn it on. ...

Kenmore HE3 Dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Dryer is getting electricity because the lights come on when a drying selection is pushed. The drum will not turn. When I press the start button, I hear a clicking sound and nothing happens after that! What's up with this?

Kenmore dryer [ 4 Answers ]

My dryer go on but there's no heat I just had it fix for the same problem. I was told it had a breaker that may turn heat back on. HELP I don't know where it is. Thank you.

Kenmore Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer runs. But, there is no heat. Is that an easy fix?

Drum won't turn on Whirlpool Dryer #LCG6848AQ1 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool gas dryer and the drum doesn't spin/turn on it. The blower motor works (I got a face full of lint to prove it) and I don't know if it's a separate motor that turns the drum. I started pulling the back off it and it looks like the belt is still on the drum. The door switch seems...

View more questions Search