Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachiee-x Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Hair, dry? Or healthy?
    How come "do-it-yourself" dye kits (semi-permanent) can possibly make you're hair dry, when people who dye their hair all the time at salons don't have that problem? By the way I used 2 semi-permanent dye kits in the spand of two and a half months... my hair is now dry and falling out more often (not in clumps or anything). I don't know if it's a result of that or the fact I haven't gotten my hair cut in the same time spand and it is now very, very long... too long. My hair isn't exactly dead, not even close, people tell me it's very healthy looking all the time. But it doesn't feel like it was before the dye kits. What can I do! HELP!
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Try do a deep conditioning treatment. I usually toss those little conditioners that come with the hair dye and use something like Infusium deep conditioner. After you've washed your hair wet a towel and throw it in the dryer until its hot (not dry just feel hot). Put a bunch of the conditioner on your heart and then wrap the towel around your head and let it set for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse out. It will feel awesome!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do about dry, color damaged hair? [ 4 Answers ]

For about a year I dyed my hair black and straightened and blow dried it almost every day without a heat protector and my hair became really dry. Then about six months ago I wanted to go back to my natural color of light brown so I had the color stripped from it. Well it took about four hours, they...

Dry curly hair [ 1 Answers ]

I have dry & curly hair suggest me a hair style I want to keep long hair

I want thick healthy hair [ 3 Answers ]

My hair was never as thin as it is now. It has been thin for the past 16 years and everyone reminds me of it. What are the reasons for my hair thinning? I'm only 30.

Dry and rough hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hi:) I'm really sick of my rough and dry hair got them rebounded bt they are the same again... wat do I do?? :(

Brittle Dry Hair [ 1 Answers ]

Im Dark Haired And Fancyed A Change To Blond A Friend Who Is Also Dark But Bleaches Her Hair Did Mine It Went Ginger But The Roots Were Lilly White It Was A Desaster So I Dyed It Back To Brown Ever Since My Hair Is Brittle Dry And Dull This Was 7 Munths Ago. Any Suggestions To Get My Hair Back...

View more questions Search