Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fayaz rais Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Removing windows 98 se
    Hi friends
    I need help how can I remove windows 98 se from my computer because I have installed
    Both oprating system win xp sp2 and win 98 se. now I need to remove win 98 se from my
    Computer. One month before I try to remove manualy but still windows selecting message appair
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Aug 9, 2007, 06:06 PM
    You need to edit the boot.ini file from Windows XP. Boot into Windows XP. Go to system properties (Left Windows key + Pause/break key).

Select the advanced tab, startup and recovery settings. Click on the "edit" button and delete the Windows 98 line. Make sure the default line points to the XP I nstall. Save and close the Window. Reboot.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 10, 2007, 07:47 AM
    You could also try the control panel, Add Remove Programs, and if you did an upgrade, there should be something like "Windows 98 Uninstallation Files"

If you were doing dual boot though, which it looks like, they probably won't be there.

Worth a shot, anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing faucet handle after removing screw on top [ 7 Answers ]

My hot water is leaking.. I remove the top screw on the handle; the handle won`t come off.. should I try and pry it off or is there another screw somewhere that I don`t know about? This is a two handle-one spout faucet.

Removing a printer in Windows 98 [ 12 Answers ]

I am having problems with my printer (HP5151) so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall but when it asks for the USB cable to be plugged in hangs - anyone know of a solution? How about deleting the registry entries - what entries need to be deleted? HP were no help!

View more questions Search