Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Whuffle Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2005, 11:16 AM
    Non oxygen life?
    I have read about various creatures that can exist without oxygen, and some do without light either...

They seem to live on sulphur in most cases, around volcanic vents in the deep ocean..

Are there others, and how can they do this?

Are there other anomalies in the usual patterns of life on Earth? For example, our blood is iron-based... the horseshoe-crab uses another base..

I am interested in any exceptions such as the above.
    themouseman Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Aug 15, 2005, 05:44 AM
    Anaerobic living bacteria are also found in bogs and swamps they digest plant material into peat, sulfur dioxide, and methane

Insects do not have hemoglobin they utilize a vascular network similar to blood vessels to transport oxygen to their cells.
    tjr Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Aug 15, 2005, 07:15 AM
    Life
    I have always been interested in strange life ,because it reinforces my belief
    About extraterrestrial life. The most extreme life that I have ever heard of is
    An organism that lives on the control rods of nuclear reactors!!
    Whuffle Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2005, 06:50 AM
    Holy Cr*p!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How is this life? [ 10 Answers ]

Every day is the same. I feel like I am trapped in a corner. This world is pushing me into a dark corner. Pushing me into somewere I don't want to be. Pushing me into something I do not want to do. School, Parents, Friends, Loved ones, Working, money, drugs, alcohol, and the future. All of these...

Acetyline/oxygen? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm moving away from clamp-on shrader valves (considered temporary and leaky) and moving to sweated valves and would like to know if Oxy/acetyne combo is the way to go for this. Brazing, right? I've tried mapp gas but it seems to not heat enough, even though I haven't tried the "cup" that goes on...

Aah the life... [ 2 Answers ]

Staying at Deer Creek State Park, out in the middle of nowhere (I thought)... doing some computer work while the kids are traipsing around outside looking for bugs, spiders and snakes... and lo and behold I get a message "there is a wireless network in range"!! An amazing world we live in, aye?

Oxygen Sensors [ 6 Answers ]

I own a 2002 Nissan Maxima. I recently had a "service engine soon" light come on. The car has approx 49,000 miles on it. I purchased a OBDII diagnostic device which said I had a faulty O2 Sensor on "Bank 1, Sensor 2." There are 4 O2 sensors on this car. All have color coded shielding on the...

View more questions Search