Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spileva Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 07:06 PM
    John Deere GX95 Lawn Mower
    How do I replace broken belt on GX95 Mower?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 08:37 PM
    If this is a tractor you have at least 3 belts, which one broke?

Aug 7, 2007, 10:51 AM
    It is a John Deere Riding Lawn Mower GX95 and I bought TWO V Belts -- John Deere Part number M1 12006 and M9 4020 V belts for replacement. One runs the gear speed and the other one runs the blade that clips the grass.
    wutafuta Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Again which one is broke? :p

If you are replacing the drive belt you are most likely going to have to remove the deck to get to everything you need to work with to install new one.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 02:52 PM
    What size the deck? I can tell you how to replace both the drive and deck but need to know what size deck you have
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Also I can email you a diagram of each. I have tried to attach images here but can't get it done.

Aug 7, 2007, 06:24 PM
    It is a 30" deck and any diagram or info like that would certainly help me as well as some directions... EVA
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Either post or send your email address to me at this forum and I will email diagram. I have no luck with attachments

Aug 7, 2007, 08:07 PM
    [email protected]

Aug 8, 2007, 07:29 AM
    It must be hot in Carbondaole this week. So you are saying it is not themower deck belt that broke, that leaves engine to trans and engine to deck belt. Lower the deck all of the way and push in the clutch/brake pedal. You may need and extra set of hands to do theis but pull hard on the spring loaded tensioner pulley and youshould now have just enough room the peel the belt off the decks main pulley. There are usually keeper pins in the way to keep the belt from jumping but you will still be able to squeeze the belt off. Since your belt broke you probably can skip this direction and just install in reverse order. The reverse of peeling the belt from the pulley would involve getting the belt started on the pulley and then rotate the pulley to get the belt to slip on. Equires diagram should dp you well. I believe he may work for Deere.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 03:42 PM
    I emailed you the diagram but it failed as undelierable. Is this email address correct?
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Is your mail box full? That is the reason for non delivery
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 05:07 PM
    It Certainly Sounds Like He Is A Deere Employee Don't It. I Am Glad You All Have Handled This One. Good Job You.
    And It Is Hotttt Eveywhere This Week, I Am In Arkansas Right Now And It Has Been A Scorcher Here Today.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Yes, I'm a Deere employee. We build right here in TN. It is hot here as well and no let up in the near future.

Aug 9, 2007, 06:07 AM
    Yo Doug, it is so hot that we folks in Illinois even had a 104 heat index. Makes the Corona taste better.

Aug 9, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Sorry, but my mail was full and probably the reason it did not deliver. It is empty now so would you try again
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Resent
    elidio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 01:31 PM
    How do I replace belt on gx95 jonh deere
    elidio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 01:32 PM

How do I replace belt on gx95 john deere

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere LT160 lawn tractor [ 8 Answers ]

My lawn tractor (LT)will not start. When it is on choke it just acts like it is not getting fuel. When on run when I try to start it it backfires and will not start. I checked the fuel filter, chenaged the spark plug, made sure the carborator was not clogged cleaned out the carborator bowl. The...

John deere lawn mower [ 4 Answers ]

This about my john deere lawn mower I have had it only 2 yrs now it won't start any advice

Problems with John Deere LT190 lawn tractor [ 12 Answers ]

I am having problems with my just under 2 year old lawn tractor. It works fine with the mower attachment. But just before Xmas 2006 the problem started, when blowing snow with the snow blower attachment that I just purchased early spring 2006 and only used a couple of times with no problems....

How do I fix a belt on a old John Deere lawn mower 160 [ 1 Answers ]

The belt while mowing snapped in half. I do not have the owners manual since the mower is over 20 years old. Please help

John deere mower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.my riding mower won't stay running.it will run fine for about five minutes then die,won't restart until it cools down after 30 minutes or so.I changed the coil,spark plug and have fresh gas in it.

View more questions Search