Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cadrbl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Why teach history and philosophy of science
    Why is it we should have to teach the history and philosophy of science.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 7, 2007, 08:00 AM
    History - to appreciate man's progress in understanding how the natural world operates.

Philosophy? Not sure about that, but it is important that all learn and understand the scientific method, so that the public can evaluate between various claims of scientific hypotheses. Every day there are news items in areas such as health, biology, global warming, and evolution (to name a few) - one should have a basic understanding of the science behind these issues in order to discuss them intelligently.
    spacefire5458 Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Philosophy-because for over 15 centuries philosophy was the way humans understood the natural world not through experiment like today but through reason so by philosophy it means how scientists reasoned and understood their world.
    Hope this helps:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Philosophy of sound [ 14 Answers ]

Someone must be able to come up with something: If a tree fell in a forest and nobody was around, would it make a noise? I have a theory on this.

AC philosophy battle [ 8 Answers ]

Whose AC philosophy is more defensible and why? (I have a strong opinion on this, but want to be able to show the other party a response from an objective, disinterested third party.) Do both sides have valid points, or is there clearly only one reasonable position? How unreasonable is the less...

Philosophy [ 10 Answers ]

Is philosophy a concept or a study?

My philosophy [ 9 Answers ]

IF MY BODY WERE A CAR If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is Getting a little dull, but that's not the worst of it. My headlights are out of focus and it's...

View more questions Search