Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cookiedough Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Meteor Showers
    The Perseids are up this month. The particles are from a comet that cruises by our sun every 130 years. Why do we see the particles once a year? Shouldn't it be once every 130 years?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Don't know exact, but 6 months ago, the Sun may have been in our eyes?
    Good Question.
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Aug 6, 2007, 05:54 PM
    The particles from the comet stay in the same place in our orbit even though the comet is long gone. We return to that part of our orbit at the same point in each year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Showers head [ 1 Answers ]

I removed an old Moen Shower head in a tub shower, and replaced it with a large Hansgroe shower head, now there is a thumping sound coming from that area when the water is on. This noise was not there previously.

Showers without tiles [ 6 Answers ]

I am building a shower and don't want to use tiles. The pre fab plastic showers are mostly small and or expensive. I want to build a 5'X5' shower on a pre existing concreat floor that has a drain already. Can I just pour cement and slope it with an outer curb and then paint it with waterproof...

Showers backed up [ 1 Answers ]

While I was taking a shower last night, my wife flushed the toilet in our other bathroom and the toilet in the bathroom I was in started gurgling. After the gurgling stopped the shower would not drain. I used a plunger on the drain in the tub and it would not drain. Now the shower in the other...

Baby Showers [ 6 Answers ]

I am pretty much set on having a co-ed baby shower. I will probably put it together on my own. Since the twins are due sept. 22nd, and the dr says they will more than likely be about two weeks early I'm wondering when I should have the shower?? I am thinking since it will be summer and we have a...

J pipe for showers [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a special j pipe for a shower drain? Or do you just use 90 to make the j pipe and if so what are the specs so no sewer gas leaks... Whoa! Not so fast there Markee. That "j pipe" is called a trap. And before I even answer I want to know a little more about this project. New...

View more questions Search