Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaisab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Getting married while fiancé is stationd in Germany
    I was wondering if anyone know of how to get a marriage license while my fiancé is stationed in Germany. We were going to wait until he came back from deployment , however we feel we are both ready and want to spend our lives together. Problem is, is that he won't get R&R before deployment until December and he is due to deploy in march of 2008. This wouldn't give us enough time to get sponsorship, and we are trying to get our marriage license to get me over to Germany to be together as long as possible and have housing etc before he deploys . I already found out for the state I live in , he has to be physically present. I didn't know if there were different rules or someway with the military JAG that we would be able to get married without him being physically here.. any news on this would be greatly appreciated. We are awefully desperate to achieve this. Thank you.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Have you checked out marriage by proxy? The state of Montana allows this. People stand in for the bride and groom and the ceremony is legal.

Marriage By Proxy
    Marriage By Proxy - Military
    DefendAmerica News - Article

Proxy Marriage
    A Marriage By Proxy
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Aug 6, 2007, 06:56 PM
    I have heard of people having trouble with the marriage by proxy. I would just recommendwaiting until he gets back from deployment.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 7, 2007, 08:24 AM
    By proxy can be tricky, so really think about this before you do it. I've even seen one wedding done with the military groom on a TV monitor broadcast over the Internet while the bride was standing at a church altar. Check with the JAG, I'm sure they'll have all the answers you need.

Be careful deciding; you don't want to regret not having him by your side when you become husband and wife. Good luck figuring it out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fiance' friend is getting married the same day [ 6 Answers ]

I found out yesterday that one of my fiance' friends is getting the married the same that we are. This totally sucks. Because two of the guys that my fiancŽ was going to ask to be groomsmen are also going to be asked my his friend. Hello problem, they can't be at both weddings. Come on first,...

I am getting married and my fianc? Wants to adopt my son who's father is on death row [ 2 Answers ]

How do we go about doing this? He never signed my sons birth certificate and never paid any child support. My son is 14 now and wants to be my fiancés son. He (my fiance) has been the only father he has ever known since he was 8 weeks old. Also my sons biological father was very violent towards...

Greer from Germany, 1860s [ 1 Answers ]

I have a good friend whose maiden name was Greer. Her Father's family came from Germany, starting in 1860. The majority of them came to North Dakota, but some settled in Indiana. If you are interested, I can ask her to post here to you.

My fiance' friend is getting married the same day [ 1 Answers ]

I found out yesterday that one of my fiance' friends is getting the married the same that we are. This totally sucks. Because two of the guys that my fiancŽ was going to ask to be groomsmen are also going to be asked my his friend. Hello problem, they can't be at both weddings. Come on first,...

View more questions Search