Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kplah3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2005, 07:26 PM
    Throwing out Boyfriend in Virginia?
    My friend who lives in Virginia wants to throw her boyfriend out of her house. The house is in her and her estranged husbands name. They've been separated for 5 years. The boyfriend doesn't work. The last time she tried to toss him out the sherrifs deputies showed up and told her he was legally a tenant even though he pays no rent and she had to give him 30 days notice. This just doesn't sound right to me. I figure they just didn't want to have to deal with it.

Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2005, 09:32 AM
    They are right. Typically, Landlord/Tenant law allows that the occupant of a premises is the resident.

You need to file an eviction.

It'll probably cost you $150-$200 in court costs and filing fees, and a couple trips to the courthouse, to get it done.

Or an attorney will probably do it for you for about $150 (added to the above).

The process will be 30-45 days...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leasing in Virginia [ 7 Answers ]

I am new to this forum so help me out here! I live in Virginia and signed a 1 year lease in March. I have been dating somebody and have decided to move in with him. I haven't had a chance to research my lease yet, but do recall when I signed it that I would only be responsible for 3 months or...

Virginia L-T Statutes [ 4 Answers ]

:p VA residential tenants "may" have a lease relationship under the VRLTA - Virginia Residential Landlord Tenant Act - DEPENDING on the # of and type of residential rental units the property owner may own. If the rented residence is a SFR - single family residence - it is doubtful the VRLTA is...

Throwing a rubber ball [ 1 Answers ]

A hard rubber ball, released at chest height, falls to the pavement and bounces back to nearly the same height. When it is in contact with the pavement, the lower side of the ball is temporarily flattened. Before this dent in the ball pops out, suppose that its maximum depth is on the order of...

Dog throwing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 7 year old female sheltie, she has been throwing up evreything that she eats and Drinks. If she eats something she will throw it up. And samething with water sometimes and it scares me. And when she does it she gags right before. It's a orange yellow looking color! She has been doing...

View more questions Search