Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Aug 10, 2005, 07:20 PM
    Hi there anyone its about computer viruses...
    Firt I want to thank you who every you are by reading this... now I have a computer problem... but I want to know first what is the best anti spy or virus should I use... I have tried spybots, adaware, Microsoft beta, trojan hunter, norton 2005, zero pop-up, spyware doctor, symantic, avast... but these can't get red off the virus... my homepage can't be change it always going back to about:blank, lots of pop-up appearing every time... my computer is getting slow... and I guess this is because of the virus... so now I need some advice from an expert so please, need your knowladge help me... :confused:
    Oh one more I also used hijack but sad to say I accedentally hijacked my toolbar how can I replace it I download a new one but still can't use it...
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2005, 05:16 PM
    I like Norton Internet Security, and call it a must.

Other stuff I do periodically to keep my 'puter healthy... stuff you can do now:

Run Spybot and AdAware

Defragment

Check my startup items at Start > Run > msconfig (Windows) and remove the junk.

Dump my temporary internet files.

And last but not least, I reformat my hard drive once or twice a year.

I hope this helps :o
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Aug 26, 2005, 04:42 AM
    Thank you very much
    Hi rick now I'm using norton and it work fine for me thanks but may I ask what can you say about avast and avg they say its good but when I try avast it makes my computer to form slow that's for me don't know what's for them, hey but thank to your norton it protect my computer regularly...

Thank...
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2005, 05:22 AM
    I'm not familiar with avast and avg but do know that many apps that supposedly do us good end up hogging resources and making the 'puter run slow.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2005, 05:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    I'm not familiar with avast and avg but do know that many apps that supposedly do us good end up hogging resources and making the 'puter run slow.
    Actually people use Avast or AVG specifically because programs like Norton AV (and all other Norton programs for that matter) are such resource hogs. You could give me a lifetime subscription to Norton AV and I would chuck it in favour of AVG.
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2005, 05:51 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out myself!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spyware and viruses [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any good websites to go to to remove spyware and viruses form your PC w/o paying for it?

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

^$&@#*@(* % Computer [ 6 Answers ]

Problem #1) Yea my computer is and old piece of junk can't remember what the specs are atm, but I'm runniing Windows 2000 on it and I'v noticed the other day that my add/remove programs is missing. I ran a search and found nothing. How can I get it back (other then using the CD because I don't...

Computer [ 2 Answers ]

What is uml??

View more questions Search