Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Could I be pregnant
    Hey :)
    So my husband and I have been trying for a baby... I have a 5 year old daughter from a previous relationship... so I'm not new to being pregnant... but I was wondering if anyone has had these same occurrences and ended up pregnant...

We have been doing temps, ovulation tests, etc. I have irregular periods so this is the only way we can try to conceive... because I won't know if I "missed" a period because I rarely have one. I stopped birth control in late March early April... last month we got a positive ovualtion test and went at it :) my temps stayed elevated and then I started to spot... we thought it could be implantation bleeding, but the next day it was like a period and lasted for about 3 days... mind you I haven't had a period in almost 10 months (because I was on birth control) but after I stopped the pill in March, I still didn't have one.

So today I have been overcome with horrible lower back pain, and slight cramping... when the cramping started I thought I could be close to ovulating but my test says no... I never have back pain.

So to get to the point I was wondering could I have in fact got pregnant on our last try, and still had my period... if so, what would be in there to support the egg if I shed my lining, and if I fact may have got pregnant I would be about 4 weeks... do any women experience lower back pain that early?

I am just trying to rule out things that may be "all in my head" lol

THANKS!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 12:55 PM
    It is possible to bleed while pregnant... not necessarily implantation bleeding (this rarely occurs) Many women never realize that they are pregnant because of this. I would suggest taking a HPT. This is the only real way to be sure.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Well, lower back pain and cramping could be symptoms of pregnancy, unfortunately its hard to tell because they could be symptoms of PMS as well. Your best bet would be to ask your doctor for a blood test and see how that comes out. If it is negative, you might want to get on something to make your period regular.

You can get your period "one more time" even though you are pregnant. The way it was explained to me was (and if I'm wrong, someone please correct me), the sperm fertilizes the egg in the fallopian tube. If you are in the middle of, or just got off your period, fertilization could have happened and not had time to get down to the uterus yet, so by the time it did get down there, a new lining would already be built up so the fertilized egg can implant in the new lining.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Well, lower back pain and cramping could be symptoms of pregnancy, unfortunately its hard to tell because they could be symptoms of PMS as well. Your best bet would be to ask your doctor for a blood test and see how that comes out. If it is negative, you might want to get on something to make your period regular.

You can get your period "one more time" even though you are pregnant. The way it was explained to me was (and if i'm wrong, someone please correct me), the sperm fertilizes the egg in the fallopian tube. If you are in the middle of, or just got off of your period, fertilization could have happened and not had time to get down to the uterus yet, so by the time it did get down there, a new lining would already be built up so the fertilized egg can implant in the new lining.
    Yeah, my OBGYN has had me on prometrium to regulate me in the past, because it seemed I don't have a period unless I am on some type of meds, be it that or birth control. But I haven't taken it since March... she did bloodwork and everything came back fine, so I decided to try without meds. She said if we didn't get pregnant that way, she would put me on hormones.

I was hoping it is like you said, that maybe the egg just hadn't reached the uterus yet :) but this back pain is killing me... extremely low back pain, and I just didn't know if I was in fact pregnant, that it would be too early to experience that symptom, and maybe it was something else... I just thought maybe someone had been through the same thing.

I hate getting a pregnancy test, my husband gets so bummed every time its negative :(
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 01:25 PM
    I don't remember if I experienced back pain or not while I was pregnant, but I do know it is one of the symptoms. Just in case you are pregnant, you can take some Tylenol to try and relieve some of the back pain.

Good luck and I hope it happens for you! I know you said you have been doing ovulation tests, have you been using an ovulation calendar as well? These work great for some women : American Pregnancy Association : Getting Pregnant: Ovulation Calendar

**EDIT** Never mind, I forget you have to have regular periods for that. Sorry :(

Just tell your husband to keep his head up. It will work out for you, and if it doesn't naturally, then you can always take the meds to regulate your period again. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pregnant or not? [ 4 Answers ]

I know the chances are very unlikely but, I lost my virginity May 3rd, and that was about 4/5 days after my period. My periods are really regular and I'm late 2 days. My partner used a condom when we did have sex, but me being more of a first-timer and over-worrying about this. What are the...

Can't get Pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Monique and I've been with my boyfriend for about 9 months and we've been trying for 3 months to get pregnant with no luck. We have been having unprotected sex just about everyday but we still can't get pregnant. What should I do? Im Scared that I can't conceive:(

Do you think that I am pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to this site so I want to thank everybody who have a answer and look at this question... Me and my ex-boyfriend was together almost 3 years but we came to an end about 3 days ago and now I think that I am pregnant we had sex about 3 to 4 weeks ago and we didn't use protection and now I'm...

View more questions Search