Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UsBlkgal Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Aug 6, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Music lessons for homeschoolers in southwest Missouri
    My husband plays saxophone in some of the Branson shows. He used to teach home schooled students in the town of Simi Valley, California beginning and advanced flute and saxophone. Even though he repairs band instruments and is a professional musician he derived a great amount of satisfaction and joy teaching these young future musicians and nurturing their musical endeavors. How in the world does a music teacher find students who do not have the same access to classroom music lessons as public schoolers? I tried to advertise in the homeschoolers email sites in the Branso, forsyth and surrounding areas and did not find a place to place an ad. You would think that area parents would want to round out their children's education with music lessons. I enjoyed many years of it and though I am not a great musician I learned discipline and had something to look forward to when I needed a break from my other studies.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 05:44 PM
    There are all sorts of meetings for home school families, they have special days in library for reading, they have annual meetings all over the country where companies advertise books and more.

There are normally county and state home school associations.

Home School Legal Defense is a major group that many home school grorups belong to, you can find all sorts of info off their web site.

My wife holds group lessons for music, and music theory and other music and our local karate studio even holds classes just for home school.
    UsBlkgal Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Aug 6, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Wow! I did not know that there were so many associations and meetings for homeschoolers! That is the best info on homeschoolers. Thank you so much! I am going to get on it!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2007, 12:34 AM
    Hi, UsBlkgal! You might like to check out the following sites so that you can do some networking.

Missouri Homeschooling - A to Z Home's Cool

Families For Home Education - Missouri

Missouri Homeschool Help at Sassafrass Grove

Missouri Homeschooling Resources | TheHomeSchoolMom.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Italian Lessons! [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anyone on here I can practice Italian with? If not, can someone tell me a good way to learn Italian? It doesn't have to be easy.. I'm willing to put in effort.

New York City swimming lessons for babies [ 1 Answers ]

I just had a horrable experience. My 15 month old son almost drowned about half an hour ago but thank God he is okay! I don't know how I would have ever forgave myself if something would have happened to him. He didn't swallow much water but I don't want to take any more risks so I am now...

Vocal (singing) lessons and parents. [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Greece and I'm 13 years old.I really want to take vocal (singing) lessons but my parents do not allow me to.They say that music in Greece doesn't have a future.Plus,they say they don't have enough money to "throw away",as I will never be able to get a singing career.I will not leave...

Mexican American in the Southwest 19th century [ 2 Answers ]

What changes took place in the southwest during the 19th century?

View more questions Search