Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Grant on medical debt
    HI there,

Where would you suggest to apply grants for one's medical bills?

Some people can't afford their medical bills, living in proverty, who can help him?:(
    Teena204 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Unfortunately, I've never seen any grants for medical debt. I know this is a serious problem for many people. There are actually very, very few grants for individuals. Most grants go to registered 501c3 nonprofit organizations and have very strict guidelines and reporting requirements. Here's a rule of thumb: all of those websites that tell you that for a fee they will give you access to hundreds of grants are scams. All legitimate grants are accessible for free. I know this doesn't help much, but I hope it saves you from going further into debt in an effort to obtain financial assistance from some unscrupulous individual or organization. I'm sorry I can't give you any concrete assistance. I've been a grantwriter for 15 years and have never seen grants for medical debt for individuals. Best wishes to you and your family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Need a grant [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyone please let me know of any legitimate grants that could be located. I'm a single mom struggling now with rent, instead of owing my own home. Could use some grant money to help to survive and succeed again

Where to get a grant [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody help me, does anybody know where to go get a grant, I don't won't to apply on line. I would like to go there personnely and apply or call. Thank you redpool

Huge medical debt [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone. I Recently Had Surgery (gallblatter Removed) My Insurance Did Not Cover My Hospital Bill Nor Will It Cover The Doctors Bills. My Credit Is Bad . I Am Divorced , Child Support Is $1000.00 Monthly I Only Earn $2300.00. The Bill Is Apprx. $67000.00. All I Can Pay A Month Is...

They took my car over an unpaid medical debt [ 5 Answers ]

My son broke his arm shortly after I lost my job and I didn't have insurance. I ended up owing an orthapedic doctor $800.00. They ended up having attorneys call me and harrass me for money. I was currently getting unemployment and didn't have the extra money to pay the bill at that time. They ended...

View more questions Search